Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Fullflat Fullflat how's the action on that thing? I was considering one when I saw your pictures the other day as the material has me curious. Not sure on the clip(seems pocket shredder like my shiros and millit crk clips) and I generally prefer a 3" blade for edc, but if the action is as smooth as the videos indicate I may need to investigate more.

Fullflat Fullflat how's the action on that thing? I was considering one when I saw your pictures the other day as the material has me curious. Not sure on the clip(seems pocket shredder like my shiros and millit crk clips) and I generally prefer a 3" blade for edc, but if the action is as smooth as the videos indicate I may need to investigate more.
The action is outstanding! I was so impressed with the action and F&F on the first one I got that I felt compelled to get the mk2 variant when it dropped. They both have a very well dialed in detent and fly open smoothly. Very gratifying. Lockup is solid with no stick. I spoke to a fellow BFer & friend who also picked one up, and he’s equally impressed. The milled clip is a bit like a shiro in its tension, but doesn’t have that asymmetric contact point like many shiros, although it seems like over time it will indeed wear a pocket. My only concern going forward is the long term stability of the lock interface, having no experience with how Ti and dendritic cobalt wear against each other. If action is giving you pause, go for it!!! It’s pretty much taken over my pocket ever since I picked it up.

That's a great point regarding the lock interface. I hadn't thought about that. If the hardness of the carbide is as high as they say I would think it would tear at it. I'm not seeing an insert either. Edit- maybe there is? Looks like it in one video I was viewing?

Edge retention acceptable? How about maintenance from a tear dow/clean out standpoint? Not much info floating out there on the details so thanks for the insight.

Last edited:
That's a great point regarding the lock interface. I hadn't thought about that. If the hardness of the carbide is as high as they say I would think it would tear at it. I'm not seeing an insert either. Edit- maybe there is? Looks like it in one video I was viewing?

Edge retention acceptable? How about maintenance from a tear dow/clean out standpoint? Not much info floating out there on the details so thanks for the insight.
Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see if/how the lockup changes over the course of use. There is no insert (keeping with the nonferrous thing), which I asked Patrick Ma of PDW about specifically several months ago, and he seemed quite confident about how solid the interface between the Ti and ‘Terravantium’ was, FWIW. I guess only time will tell for sure.

Edge retention is tough to describe for this stuff, but yes (for me) it’s better than acceptable (as long as your not chopping hard stuff or push cutting phone books). The cutting ability of this stuff seems to be all in the toothiness of the edge, rather than how acute it is. It feels/behaves softer than modern blade alloys, but just doesn’t stop cutting, especially on fibrous and less than rigid material (paracord, rope, cardboard, meat, etc.). Technically the edge seems to be way less stable than the alloys were used to, but that actually plays to its strength, as when the edge degrades, more dendrites (?) are exposed, keeping it nice & toothy. You definitely wouldn’t want to polish this stuff, or take it too keen, as it probably wouldn’t cut worth a damn at that point, but that ‘working edge’ just won’t quit :) I’ve only touched mine up once against the medium (coarse would’ve probably been better) sharpmaker rods, and it responded notably to just about a dozen passes. I haven’t had occasion to tear either of mine down yet, as they both came feeling so good that I managed to restrain myself from the usual welcome home tune up. So far, maintenance has consisted of just a flush with hose or tap water and a blast of air from the compressor. It’s nice not worrying about corrosion in a folder too. As I understand it, one of the big limitations of dendritic cobalt is that it doesn’t handle lateral stress or hard materials well

It’s a Terrain 365 (PDW) Invictus AT in what they call ‘Terravantium’ dendritic cobalt. Ceramic bearings & Ti scales/hardware, so it’s completely nonferrous. Like you, I’ve recently come to appreciate the performance and properties of this stuff :)

I'm anxious to try it too. I am waiting for them to release a smaller integral fixed blade, love the looks of the integral with traction coating.

I've had this for years and years, I want to say my grandpops gave it to me when I was a wee little boy. I'd forgotten about it and it lay dorment in a tool box drawer for at least the last 10 years. It's rolled, chipped, battered, and bruised. I was unpacking the garage(finally about done with the 26x36 two story I've always wanted!) today and found it again. A little sanding, some Danish oil, a drop of nano oil, and a few passes on the WE, and it's back up to usable. Not the most expensive knife I own, but I was super happy to find it lurking in a forgotten corner. Go Cats!

Last edited:
Picked up an Aqua Salt

FQiLho1.jpg

LQBDaDM.jpg

Back