Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

LOVELESS

large.jpg

Oh man! Such beauties! Mike

William Collins Woodsman knife in AEB steel. Wicked sharp Scandi grind with grippy unbuffed od green micarta handle scales. This guy makes a heckuva rugged knife. The machining is pretty simple, the spine comes to a pretty sharp 90 angle and lacks any jimping. No smooth champfered edge on this baby but a real nice solidly built knife that's built to last. It may very well be my last non CPK fixed blade knife I ever purchase.

IMG_0149.jpg

as close to a Loveless as I'll probably ever own, and lucky me btw;
KXQFQeM.jpg

also, I just picked up this round knife for leather work from Black Cat Metal, shows a lot of promise so far and I have a couple projects coming up that I'll be trying to up my leather game on that I'll be learning how to use it on
aGtgQAI.jpg

there's a thread in the sheath forum with more pics if yer innerested

ps. yes, Nate. I know what it looks like:p

Son of Son of Exactimundo.

Exceedingly rare.

Hell, these things make Loveless knives look mundane, even commonplace!

:D

I could not agree more!!;)

Matt Gregory's knives count? This is a special one for both me and Matt. One of these days I may actually take delivery!!:D

I also love Les George.........

And Ben Tendick...........

Last edited:
Man, I already sold that one again.

:D:D

I’m not sure if there’s been a more significant knife for me than that one, my friend. Really not sure there can be! Very happy it’s yours. :)

I could not agree more!!;)

Matt Gregory's knives count? This is a special one for both me and Matt. One of these days I may actually take delivery!

you can use a compressor to blow all the crap outta yer sheath too
I just invert the sheath and tap it.
The drain hole is worthless for water on a leather sheath IMO. The leather absorbs water and keeps the sheath humidity high. I have more problems with small pieces of sand accumulating in the sheath and denting the edge up. Working landscaping and cutting geotech fabric I frequently would get dirt/sand on the blade and constantly put the knife in and out of the sheath. The drain hole is most useful for letting solids out the bottom of the sheath IMO.

On synthetic sheaths the drain hole has more utility in letting water out.

The closest I will ever get to a Bob Loveless knife is this excellent example of his style. Its a true work of art, perfectly balanced and razor sharp. The knife currently sits on display at the back of my bar. I just couldn't bring myself to field dress a deer with this knife (that is what my CPK FK2 is for). The only cutting it will see would be lemons and limes for drinks. The maker, based out of the Czech Republic, is a true master and seems determined to recreate the Loveless design with his own interpretation.

IMG_0187.jpg IMG_0188.jpg

I just invert the sheath and tap it.
The drain hole is worthless for water on a leather sheath IMO.

gonna disagree with you on that one!
when I'm clearing trail, shrapnel ends up inside my sheath because the knife isn't in there, it's in my hand. When I stuff the knife back in it packs the leafy bits into the bottom of the sheath, and the easiest way to get that stuff out is to plug the compressor into the drain hole and blow it out. Sheath dries out faster with a hole down there as well. I don't even think of it as a drain hole, but more of a 'maintenance port'

Back