Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

No disrespect to Nathan's iteration intended but where his Kephart is the finest modern interpretation of the pattern, this one made by Mike McCarter is easily the finest reproduction of the original that money could by.

skudtXP.jpg

Oh, and I happen to like Kepharts.... Here are some more of them.

EtRAbGv.jpg

Lorien Lorien - You killed it with those 👍. Bad ass.
well, we'll see. Still plenty of time to screw things up. I'm aiming to have all the blades ground with edges and everything tonight, fingers crossed. These will have convex bevels and should peel an apple like no one's business

Last edited:
Are you putting those up in the Canadian market or going to friends. Are you going full steam ahead into knife making? So many questions sorry.😎
that's not a lot of questions, and I think they're good ones.

I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to proceed with selling my work, but one thing that's for sure is that I'm not going to limit sales to within Canada. I consider everyone who supports my work by buying it a friend, so the defacto answer is that these will go to friends. Who I may not know :)

Bladeforums may be the place where I sell these, or it could be IG. My preference for the near future would be to put together a mailing list and advertise work only among people who are interested in it. I have a year or two of training in order to get to where I want to be, skill-wise, so I'm definitely going to keep things simple for now. But really, who knows what kind of trouble I can get up to?

Yes, I am going full steam. As of the beginning of 2022, knife making and design is my full time job

KpV5MkC.jpg

I guess they don't look much different from the last photo, but I spent hours grinding away at them today. The primary bevels are mostly true to form at this point, minus some fine tuning and then the rest of the work will concern the secondary bevel. These are pretty fun to put together, like Lego

Last edited:
Lorien Lorien - nice tang to Blade transition, no weak / stress points. Those things are going to be bad ass.
although these little lightweight knives aren't intended to be heavy duty, stress risers are a main pet peeve of mine so thank you for pointing that out! That transition had a significant influence on the overall design of the knife even though it might not be readily apparent

Back