Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I've decided I like the Spyderco Mule Team blade once it has a decent handle on it. This is the Maxamet steel, and it is pretty dang hard. I think they took this to something like 65HRc, but not entirely sure about that. I was able to get a screaming sharp edge on it, but it is definitely harder to work than other steels! Anyway, some glamour shots with ironwood scales...

1NmAqUol.jpg

BZaI9OYl.jpg

xNS2audl.jpg

I've decided I like the Spyderco Mule Team blade once it has a decent handle on it. This is the Maxamet steel, and it is pretty dang hard. I think they took this to something like 65HRc, but not entirely sure about that. I was able to get a screaming sharp edge on it, but it is definitely harder to work than other steels! Anyway, some glamour shots with ironwood scales...

1NmAqUol.jpg

BZaI9OYl.jpg

xNS2audl.jpg

I believe they hardened the maxamet to 67-68. How bad does it stain? Any patina forming?

I believe they hardened the maxamet to 67-68. How bad does it stain? Any patina forming?

Zero. Nothing yet. But I am taking care with this one to keep it shiny for awhile. Wiped it with oil once a few weeks ago, then I clean it off quickly after use.

Back