Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

DSC06143_zps147a61fc.jpg

DSC06144_zpse13f5d31.jpg

Thanks bud! It was a long time coming and I'm still shedding a few tears over the trading material it took to lock it down, but it is an AWESOME blade :) Cheers!

Which model is that btw?? Looks Battle Mistressy, but I'm not up on all the Busse's. And are the lines on the blade just a pattern, or cut steps? Can't tell from the pics.

Which model is that btw?? Looks Battle Mistressy, but I'm not up on all the Busse's. And are the lines on the blade just a pattern, or cut steps? Can't tell from the pics.

You're thinking in the right direction, it's a model of Battle Mistress. So that's a CGFBM, or Combat Grade Fusion Battle Mistress. It would have originally been coated INFI, but this one has been stripped, and whoever stripped it did a good job. It's difficult to finish out nicely with those steps in it which are called CBT, or Corrugated Bevel Technology. This particular blade also has hand-smoothed scales. They are very nicely done, and I'd like to know the full history on it, whether it was sent into the custom shop back when they were taking orders, or whether an individual or service provider modified them. It's definitely deserving of some better glamour shots than that poor-quality photo.

Thanks bud! It was a long time coming and I'm still shedding a few tears over the trading material it took to lock it down, but it is an AWESOME blade :) Cheers!

I’m happy for you,, that you were able to score that grail. It’s an awesome piece for sure !!
Congrats !!!

Hard Knocks Hard Knocks thx for sharing. So what's the verdict on the CBT? Does it translate into performance improvement (anecdotal or measured)? I could see that translating into less resistance moving through media, if it's less surface area. Maybe...depending on the media being cut I guess.

It's an interesting design in any event. I had seen that on the war swords and wondered what was up.

I’m happy for you,, that you were able to score that grail. It’s an awesome piece for sure !!
Congrats !!!

Thank you duramax, I appreciate that my friend. :thumbsup:

Hard Knocks Hard Knocks thx for sharing. So what's the verdict on the CBT? Does it translate into performance improvement (anecdotal or measured)? I could see that translating into less resistance moving through media, if it's less surface area. Maybe...depending on the media being cut I guess.

It's an interesting design in any event. I had seen that on the war swords and wondered what was up.

I am not an expert on the corrugated bevel, but what you wrote here: "I could see that translating into less resistance moving through media, if it's less surface area" ---> that is what I understand is the advantage, less binding, less resistance. This is my first blade with it, and I'll have to put it through some paces before I can really say for myself. I'll bet there are some others here that can say, and also some guys with better pics.

Hey PeteyTwoPointOne PeteyTwoPointOne do you have any CBT close-ups on a BattleSaw or anything else?

Reactions: mb>
^^^^Agree Petey, can't really tell any difference in it's cutting ability with or without CBT's, but they DEFINITELY are beautiful to look at:thumbsup: If Busse ever did offer the Battle Saw or FBM with CBT and no coating) I would have to break down and get one on appearance alone! Here is a recent offering (The Silent Knight) taken from Busse's Web Page! They are indeed Beautiful:thumbsup:
View attachment 813494

Last edited:
Back