Best 2.5 inch knife?

kingston73

Gold Member
I generally prefer larger blades, pm2 and Manix 2 are a couple of my favorites. My state doesn't have any size restrictions but there are a couple cities I visit that have 2 inch limits. I have a dragonfly 2 but I'm wondering what other comparable knives are there? I just got a mini bugout that I thought would be good but it's close to a 3 inch blade still so I think that's a no-go.
I've considered a bestech goblin but don't know much about those. What other options are there?

nothing really outshines the dragonfly 2 ... unless you get into customs

something like the zt22 which is around $200
eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL3plcm90b2xlcmFuY2UvaW1hZ2VzL1pUMDAyMl8xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjogeyJyZXNpemUiOiB7IndpZHRoIjogMjcwLCJoZWlnaHQiOiAyNzAsImZpdCI6ICJjb250YWluIiwiYmFja2dyb3VuZCI6IHsiciI6IDI1NSwiZyI6IDI1NSwiYiI6IDI1NSwiYWxwaGEiOiAxfX19fQ==

don't forget SAK classic alox ;)

Last edited:

3fifty7

Gold Member
The a Dragonfly comes in at 2.25”, is that ok or are you looking for a firm limit of 2” ?
You stated you don’t care for lockbacks, is that your only gripe with the Dragonfly, because man that knife punches way above its weight class IMO.

kingston73

Gold Member
Basically yes, I am just not in love with a lock back. I know it's not exactly 2 inches but it's small enough to not look scary. The 533 is 2.8 inches, so maybe anything under 2.5?

kingston73

Gold Member
I went back and looked, guess things changed or I was just wrong but the smallest limit I could find in my state is 2.5

3fifty7

Gold Member
Spyderco lil native is under 2.5” with a compression lock.
I don’t have any Kizer knives but I do like their style for a smaller sleek knife, they should have a couple offerings in the sub 2.5” range.

As 3fifty7 said, the lil native from Spyderco would be good option. Other than I can't think of anything else that would beat a dragonfly in my opinion.. one of my favorite knives

evilgreg

Why so serious?
Gold Member
Cold Steel Tuff Lite. I'd second the Spyderco Cat* after that--I have a variety of Dragonfly models and prefer the Cat because I find the handle far superior in use. The Goblin is a great little knife too. Still, I have piles of little knives and unless you need some belly I'd go Tuff Lite every day of the week and twice on Sunday, personally.

* I like the Cat so much I had custom ivory paper micarta scales made for it that cost double what I paid for the knife:

60AMt1x.jpg

Last edited:

Biochemdawg

Gold Member
Just to comment off the original post-The bestech goblin fills the hand nicely for being such a small knife. It has very nice flipping action too.

Velitrius

Gold Member
Myself, I like the Kershaw Chive and Kershaw Scallion in this weight class.

If you got lots of cash, the ZT0022 and the Spyderco Techno 2 will dispose of a couple Franklins right quick.

Last edited:

Dadpool

Gold Member
You might want to look at a Kizer Flip Shank. I really like mine.

Seconded. I've tried a handful of knives this size, and the Flip Shank is the only one that's stuck around.

PSwVfzL.jpg

That said, this is also a size range where traditional knives really shine. The Cadet, for example, is right at 2.5" and will out-slice most modern designs with thicker blade stock.

0pBuqgS.jpg