Best 2.5 inch knife?

Ferrum Forge Mini Arch Bishop is really nice little knive and I would consider comparable to the Dragonfly II closed, but the blade is 2.75 which might be too big for your needs.

Here are a couple pics of the Mini ArchBishop and Dragonfly II side by side.
FF1DFDAA-0EAB-43AA-BA9D-DA3AFB2C4728.jpeg 3CC85D86-8C26-4046-83E7-D653D97E357B.jpeg

Far being the best but it’s 2.5’
50968577166_32b51d0a5b_b.jpg

Another hand in the air for the Kershaw Scallion.
Cute little rascal that slips nicely in the pocket & is oh so easy to open with the flipper and assist.

If you don’t mind a lower end steel, there’s the Cold Steel Micro Recon 1. For the price though, you still get one of the strongest locks in the market. Cons are the two finger grip and lack of a pocket clip.

If you don’t mind a lower end steel, there’s the Cold Steel Micro Recon 1. For the price though, you still get one of the strongest locks in the market. Cons are the two finger grip and lack of a pocket clip.

And the fact that OP doesn't like back locks. I'd have mentioned the Spyderco Baby Jess Horn if not for the fact that it's a lockback.

The Chive and Scallion also act as a perfect money clip if you are one of us who uses such.

Hogue makes a 1.95" auto, the AO1 Microswitch. It's a well made little auto. I gave one as a Christmas gift last year and played with it some before I wrapped it up.

Another vote for the Spyderco Lil’ Native. The Kershaw Chive is another great little knife. How about a Spyderco Cricket?

The best 2.5 inch knife is the one you left at home while you carried a real knife ;)

The best 2.5 inch knife is the one you left at home while you carried a real knife ;)

The best knife is any you have on you while you left home. I guess they are small enough that you do not notice it and always have it. I do like the quote above, as I like the two is one rule.

Cold Steel Tuff Lite. I'd second the Spyderco Cat* after that--I have a variety of Dragonfly models and prefer the Cat because I find the handle far superior in use. The Goblin is a great little knife too. Still, I have piles of little knives and unless you need some belly I'd go Tuff Lite every day of the week and twice on Sunday, personally.

* I like the Cat so much I had custom ivory paper micarta scales made for it that cost double what I paid for the knife:

60AMt1x.jpg
I like that Cat! I love mine. Mine is a 440C, also, but mine is the older one with jimping. No matter, this is a knife that is worth more than the inexpensive price you pay for it. It was better than a knife I got that cost nearly 4x what I paid for my Cat. It is that good.

Lots of great recommendations so far, especially the ZT22 and William Henry B-5. :thumbsup:

But, since you've got a Spydy theme going with the PM2 and Manix, the Spyderco Lil' Native with Compression Lock in S30V or Rex45 would seem to be the logical progression.

Seconded. I've tried a handful of knives this size, and the Flip Shank is the only one that's stuck around...

How is the action on the Flipshank? I've had a few tiny knives with flippers or thumb studs. I can snap them open with concentrated effort but with my long fingers, it's been too awkward for EDC consideration.

How is the action on the Flipshank?

Quite good, and it's still not entirely broken-in yet. It snaps open crisply with the flipper or thumb stud, although I find it harder to use the thumb stud and doubly so if I want to slow-roll it.

Doesn't quite drop shut, but for such a stubby blade I'm not sure that's in the cards. Very smooth closing action, too. :)

Here is a picture of the little folders I mentioned. Both are inexpensive D2 knives from Kubey. Neither have clips.

The flipper tab knife is just too small. Actuating the tab with long fingers means holding it in funky ways.

The thumb stud knife is actually okay. It has a snappy detent and just enough grip space for me to be able to operate it. I've occasionally dropped it into a fifth pocket or the pocket of a canvas jacket. Since I can almost always carry something a little bigger though, I do.

WUgC30i.jpg

try some of the new offerings from MKM, they have them featured pm BHQ in the new arrivals section, they are fixed blades but rather small, and around your requested length, no moving parts is a good thing yea?

Back