1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Best buck knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Buck110knife, Nov 27, 2017.

1. maximus83

maximus83

Nov 7, 2011
    Great blade, like the micarta. Darn if they would just get rid of that recurve.

2. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    My favorite is my stock finger grooved 110. It’s not the best folder on the market but it’s the one I have carried and used the most. It’s good enough for me and I can’t imagine not having one.

3. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    "Best" would depend on the task. The 110 makes a terrible fillet knife.

My favorite would be a 476 small Diamondback fixed blade.

4. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    Were there no Marksman votes!?!? By far the best lock Buck has had, and the action is amazing. 154cm from Buck is spot on, and the materials just add up to beyond the price point.

19-3ben likes this.
  5. 19-3ben

19-3ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2015
    It's a very slight recurve, in person. I can sharpen on Sharpmaker and then strop with no problem.

6. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    I don't know about the best, but I've been carrying a stag 110 that's been pretty good to me. If I haven't had that one on me it's been the Alaskan Guide version. The 501 has been in my pocket everyday for a while now and I doubt that's gonna change....

7. maximus83

maximus83

Nov 7, 2011
    For the folks who like the Marksman, I've been reading up and interested in those for quite some time. Just ordered a custom one with the flat grind and s35vn steel at Skblades. Hopefully will be a good buy, I like the customizations they offered.

Link to non-supporting dealer removed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
  8. wackafew

wackafew Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 23, 2008
    My vote would have to go to the 112. I've been carrying this old timer for a long time.

[​IMG][/URL]

9. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I think the Vanguard is their best knife. The 120, General was one of my first knives. I love that one as well. I purchased a USA Schrade, Uncle Henry (Bear Paw?) in 1980. I never felt the need to carry a 110.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  10. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2011
    The Buck 110 "Titan" from SKBlades - - s90v, blue micarta finger grooved scales, nickel silver bolsters, drop point blade w/ no nail nick.

Want to get my hands on one of the lightweight, aluminum bolstered 110s from Copper & Clad soon too. Cuts weight from 7.3 down to 4 ounces.

GermanyChris likes this.
  11. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I prefer to carry a bunch of knives more than the 110 style folder. "Best" isn't the right word. It is actually a knife icon.

12. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
    My favorite happens to be the undisputed flyweight champion of the world ........ the Buck 55.

mbkryan likes this.
  13. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    I love Buck. But instead of my 110’s or 119, here are a couple of fun little knifes. The blade finish is similar on both, but due to it being the middle of the night here, artificial lighting does interesting things...

[​IMG]

I really like this design, it is just not the most comfortable for extended use! Will take better pictures in daylight if anyone’s interested, but I dare say everybody is familiar with these, the upper being the 296 Tempest in 13C26, the lower being the 291 Rush in ATS-34.

14. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    OW...Bloody 'ell

15. Frisky

Frisky

Dec 1, 2010
    Hunters make up most of Buck's market, in my opinion. Their best hunting knife is probably the Vanguard. Mine has the rubber grip. I'd have to call it Buck's best knife, though I like most all of their models.

Joe

Buck110knife likes this.
  16. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    That Buck Titan with s90v blade is one handsome knife. DM

17. 115Italian

115Italian

Nov 13, 2015
    Like the vantage pro but the heat treat on this one was over done.
    [​IMG]
    A little too brittle for me.

353 and Yo Mama like this.
  18. Badhammer

Badhammer

Jun 8, 2009
    I prefer the older 110 versions with 440c steel. For a fixed blade the nod goes to the 124 Frontiersman.

19. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    Another vote for the 124

20. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    Serrated version with safety tip!!??!!??

353 and 115Italian like this.