Best EDC for under $100

Zero Tolerance 0350, Spyderco Manix 2, Spyderco Paramilitary 2. If you dont want/need a folder the Becker bk-11, bk-14, ESEE Izula, Esee Izula 2, and ESEE 3 are all great

Sypderco Manix 2.. Its comfortable, slim , and sturdy with about a 3.5 inch blade i carry it in rotation with a few more expensive knives and its just as good as the others.

Benchmade 710 with D2 blade routinely found in the forums in nearly new condition for $85. Got one in my pocket right now.

I'm gonna vote for the Spyderco Endura or Para 2, both are fantastic. Man I love Spyderco! My favorite folder of all time is the Military and I recommend it to everyone but it's somewhat more expensive. They can be had for $120-$130 and sometimes even less.

Last edited:
Here are my favorites under $100

-Spyderco Manix 2
-Benchmade Griptillian
-Spyderco Delica 4

Welcome to the Forums!

If it has to be a folder, the Delica, Mini Grip and Blur are all excellent choices. You might be able to find a ZT 0350 and there are not enough great things to say about it.

If you go the fixed route, the Izula can't be beat.

Welcome to the forums.

I highly recommend the following:

Spyderco Endura or Delica
Benchmade Griptilian or Mini-Griptilian
Spyderco Para-Military 2

Boker Plus Kwaiken Folder or if you prefer larger folders: Spyderco Manix 2 XL

images

images

I used to switch knives a lot, I couldn't find one that worked for me and fit the way I wanted. Then I found the Benchmade Griptilian. I have carried this knife everyday for 4 years now and LOVE it. It's 154 cm steel and holds a wicked edge for the money I don't think there is any better. But I do have delica's and an Endura both VG- and they are very good too

The Benchmade Griptillian is made in a lot of different varieties and has proven to be a top performer.

One thing I would suggest though is, if at all possible, go to a few knife shops and handle the blades you're considering. I was seriously considering the benchmade grip until I actually held it and found I could not stand the feel and look of the grip. Too much like plastic for me, totally a non issue for other people. Also I thought the para 2 looked butt ugly until I held one and realized how much the ergonomics of it fit right into my hand. Both of those things are specific to me and I only use them as examples of personal experience. I don't hold it for or against the knives in general.

TLDR: everyone's experience with the look and feel of knives is different. Handle them in person if at all possible before buying.

If you want the toughest best all around edc, get a Becker BK-14. If you want a folder, I would look at Spyderco Endura or Native. I carried a serrated Native for 3 - 4 years and it never let me down.
I've been edc-ing my BK-14 for about 6 months and really love it. You can get one with micarta scales from Tomars for around $60.

think a little deeper into it. what kind of clothes do you wear? do you dress slim? do you wear looser clothes, where do you work, or do you go to school? my first good knife was a delica, and i couldn't have chosen anything better. the delica looks awesome, it is a pretty thin knife, it is very strong. i usually wear fitted jeans, so the size is a plus. once i found myself cutting zip ties all day, then along came the para 2.

i might suggest a endura, but hey, look what suits your day. a farmer does not want a H1 dragonfly(love it) and a office worker does not want a spyderco resilience.

for a company suggestion id go for spyderco, i think most of us start with kershaw and spyderco.

welcome btw :D

Back