Best EDC for under $100

I have no hesitation in saying Spyderco Paramilitary 2. Has a strong 3.3" blade; excellent slicer. I've had maybe ten or more. You can get the base model S30v for about $105 if you shop around. Nothing else comes even remotely close.

For me I have a few knives that are $100 or less.

Blackhawk pointman-mobile prybar that I use for hard tasks.

Spyderco endura-I own the Zdp-189 version and I use mine for food prep and cardboard cutting at home.

Kershaw blur-my go to knife when I can't decide what my day will be like. Plus having it in different colors and steels is fun to choose between.

Kershaw speedform 2-a sort of classy well built smaller folder with great elmax steel.

I have also ordered a spyderco paramilitary, benchmade griptilian, and spyderco native so I'm sure those are great choices.

I would say the Tenacious by spyder co is the best knife for the money. I love it as much as my para2 and it opens just as quick. My EDC knife is spyderco endura wave. I just cant seem to get away from pocket openers ( and they open beers )

I will throw my support behind the Para2 as well... though you will likely pay a bit over your $100 limit. Legend tells of a time when you could get them for just under $100 :D... but they've been rare as hen's teeth lately so those out there have had been premium priced. That said, it looks like Spyderco is getting them out there again in time for Christmas (a few online retailers have them again).

If you want to stay in the Spyderco family the Manix2 seems to be a really great knife too. It's a good bit heavier than the Para2 (unless you get the lightweight version in the translucent blue... which I don't really care for) but it is less expensive too. It's significantly broader than the Para2 though and thus takes up a good bit of pocket real estate (which is what's really prevented me from getting one thus far).

Under $100 though leaves a wide range of very good options for EDC. Kershaw makes a ton of good value-priced stuff designed by RJ Martin (Chill, RJ I&II, etc) which I really like and for the money is tough to beat (around $20 give or take a few $). Spyderco's Value Line (Tenacious, etc) is good too, but after having owned a couple non-Value Spydercos (Para2s), their Value Line doesn't thrill me as much anymore because the higher priced ones are just sooo much higher quality IMO.

Another to look at is SOG... I have their Mini-Aegis and it's a great little knife. About $40 if memory serves, 2.0oz... lightening fast (and slick) speed assist, great deep carry clip (tip-up only though--which is my preference)... one of my small knife rotation mainstays since getting it.

The CRKT Heiho (or Hissatsu 2 as it was originally known) is another great little knife I have (and love). Around $40 and with a cool torsion bar assist and traditional Japanese tanto blade (and another deep carry tip-up clip).

Also, I don't think any sub $100 discussion about EDC knives would be complete without mentioning the Buck Vantage Pro series (the S30V ones). You can get these from about $50 (for the small) to about $80 (for the large). Great platform for the money IMO (and deep carry tip-up again!). Another one of my mainstays.

All that said... if you are a bit flexible on the $100 spending cap... get a Para Military2! You won't be disappointed...amazing knife!!!!

As others have said, lots of good knives in your price range.

The Buck Vantage Pro is another great knife. And for $60 (ish) one of the best values out there.

Good luck.

I think the first question you need to ask is what is your use for a knife. Then, what do you think about when you think of a knife. What are your cutting and size requirements? What do you wear? Once you start to think these questions through, then you can consider what knife to use. For example, an Endura is a great knife. I don't own an Endura. Why? I work in an office environment and simply don't need it. What do I carry...depends. Today, it is a Great Eastern #85 Bullet End Jack (which is in your price range). No, it is not a modern folder, but it does the job I need it to do (and it does not scare the hell out of my employees and clients). If I didn't work in an office environment, I likely would carry something different. While many of the knives mentioned are excellent suggestions, ultimately the answer depends on your use and needs.

Benchmade mini-griptilian can be found for under $100 but I'd recommend paying $12 more dollars and getting the mini-Ritter from a certain vendor. These are great EDC knives with the great axis-lock.

I would not buy a china knife. If you can find a Case Slimlock it will be the best knife you ever own. It has a super steel blade and lifetime warranty. It is hard to find them for less than 125 however, you might get lucky and find one. I paid 109 for mine.

My first edc was a buck tempest my wife got me for an anniversary about 4 or 5 yrs ago...i thought that knife was great. I used my knife for everything but didnt realize it until i lost it a few weeks ago... Which brought me to forums looking for another quality knife.... I ended up purchasing the 2750 adamas and its a beast, has weight to it, good blade, a workhorse of a knife...

I already have my eye on a spyderco para2.....just gotta find one for the right price...looking to spend 100-120 on one and possibly get a good horizontal sheath for it..

So many options in that price range.... here are a few of my favorite

Kershaw Skyline
Kershaw Blur
Kershaw Zing
Spyderco Paramilitary

QFT. Good recomendations.

[edit]I also like some Kabar folders as well

Last edited:
CRKT M4-02 (great EDC) (Assisted opening, 3.25" blade)
CRKT The Natural 7085 (assisted opening, big but strong, no longer produced but a good price while they were, 3.88" blade)

DSCF0055_zps3d571a4a.jpg

Back