Best knife handle

Shark skin - the real deal - skin from a shark.

Far better wearing than leather.

2.jpg

CPK has some of the best handles I've ever used. Busse resiprene-c is also very comfortable and provides a lot of shock absorption. Handles don't generally bother me too much on folders; I find my Umnumzaan to be pretty comfortable and easy to use.

The most comfortable knife I’ve ever held is the White River Ursus 45.

I’ll always go for function over form in knife handles. For me, one of the most comfortable handles I’ve used is the Mora Kansbol. It just fits my hand very well and the mixture of the hard sides with overmolded top and bottom really locks the knife in my hand.

For larger knifes, the Becker handles fit me very well also.

The last couple years, I've been buying knives Solely on their handle shapes.
I've had a couple ok ones.....but I'm still looking for perfection.
The large Becker in micarta is pretty good, wish it had a tiny bit more room for my hand.

Busse/SYKCO Resiprene C is super Comfy!!!! Might be my favorite material for a User.....But I haven't had it in the perfect shape yet.

My favorite shape is something Boring....

Fixed and folder…Very different knives, but both work very well in my hands.

The last couple years, I've been buying knives Solely on their handle shapes.
I've had a couple ok ones.....but I'm still looking for perfection.
The large Becker in micarta is pretty good, wish it had a tiny bit more room for my hand.

Busse/SYKCO Resiprene C is super Comfy!!!! Might be my favorite material for a User.....But I haven't had it in the perfect shape yet.

My favorite shape is something Boring....
Have you tried CPK? Best handle shape I've ever held. I like Resiprene c as well.

My first thought on reading the title was "most comfortable". I have a big hand, so I like a thick handle. A Mora handle comes to mind. My old Gerber Gator is also a nice, thick, cushy grip.

The knife world is so concerned these days with “super ergonomic” knife handles with various contours and organic shapes. To me the best knife handles are basic, thin, and blocky. Perfect examples would be the handles of the Emerson CQC-6 and CQC-7. I’m not even talking in the “tactical” sense, even in just general use the handles work very well. They are so basic they allow for any grip in any cutting task whether it be cutting cardboard, slicing up vegetables, indexing the blade, you name the task and the blocky handles work for it.

The handles aren’t just blocks though. They do have very well thought out subtle flares that provide just enough shape, texturing, and resistance during piercing cuts to keep your fingers safe. Again, I’m not talking the tactical stuff. Piercing cardboard, thick plastic, thick textiles or strapping, the handles just work.

I also very much like the handle on the Umnumzaan. Great size for me and locks securely in my hand.

Back