Best Made Co - Black Donald Hudson Bay Axe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Made with loose handle (at 3:15):
[video=youtube;PO-h3hGQFdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO-h3hGQFdw[/video]

I have never really looked into the reviews, but now that I have there seems to be many people with issues in regards to grind and handles, particularly with the unfinished axes.

Last edited:
It should be here Saturday; which reminds me FortyTwo, seeing as you're a stones Throw from Smyrna, I'm surprised you haven't picked up the line.

Oh I will be. It's just a matter of available capital at the moment since I'm halfway through some R&D projects. Managing cash flows...the largest challenge for any small business owner! :p

Theory and questions can always be good though. Mors Kochanski is one of the most experienced outdoorsmen there is and he often says that in every teaching session a student will come up with a question that stumps him, or introduce another idea which improves his own. That's a good way to see things, I think.
Amen!

Best Made with loose handle (at 3:15):
[video=youtube;PO-h3hGQFdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO-h3hGQFdw[/video]

I have never really looked into the reviews, but now that I have there seems to be many people with issues in regards to grind and handles, particularly with the unfinished axes.

So, this is one of the reasons I love axes, and at the same time hate the new age of axes.

If you watch this video, and have any axe knowledge, you will be able to determine that the "fellas" falling or felling these trees are obviously inexperienced, and have no idea what they are doing overall. The amount of swings it takes to get thru that first tree is alarming, which of course then almost discredits the whole video.

As far as the head "being loose" at the certain time - ? Really? The swinger banges in on its foot, and calls it good. You have no idea if it is loose. At the very end, it doesn't look loose at all, as there is substantial handle above the eye.

I would chock this video up to wanna be woods boys, and thats about it. Shame really. Sad. You all on here know better. Act like it.

This thread is over. It is AMAZING to me that people hate so much. Unreal. Get a grip. If it isn't for you, ITS OK. Just say, it isn't for me, but no, people must try and crush in order to feel good about themselves. UNREAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back