Best Slingshot?

Also check his ebay auctions, they go fast though on ebay. Just search by his user name

Another good option, I'll check out his stuff on ebay too :thumbup: I'm email contact with him now, and I'm looking forward to picking one up soon.

After reading this thread, I picked up a basic Trumark model. Best $7.99 I've ever spent! I wish I was allowed to have one as a kid!

I picked up the one with the yellow bands. I guess the red is supposed to be easier to pull but it said on the packaging that the range was further on the yellow. In sum, I went with the yellow since the pull wasn't really an issue and it was the cheapest. Being my first slingshot, I just want to get a feel for these bad boys. I purchased a bag of river rocks for $1 at Dollar Tree for some nature friendly ammo.

2cdid6p.jpg

Here's my latest creation-made with ballistic fiberglass(used in lining "safe rooms"). It's rated to stop handgun,shotgun rounds and fork hits. Can't see it in the picture but I cut a small "front sight" groove for precise shooting.
Bill

I took many small game with the good ol wrist rocket. New better powerbands added on and the folding wrist brace....good to go. I think it is made by Saunders now but no matter. Cheap and reliable. I have modded one to shoot arrows even. In your BOB, nothing is better as a silent back up for small game...as long as you have practiced.

This is a shooting kit I keep close by. Ammo in 7/16" 1/4" and .177 and slingshots ready for whatever I feel like shooting.

Attachments

• P6260003.jpg
    P6260003.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 65
Here's my newest- a Bill Hays ArrowShot Ergo made of G-10, featuring a quick attach system. Got it from him in a trade.
s45ic0.jpg

I also picked up 25 pounds of 3/8 steel ball bearings from Royal Steel ball for 57.50 shipped. I have not counted them but another guy said it's around 3125 balls. That works out to approx 1.8 cents per ball which is cheaper than dollar store marbles!

Nice looking slingshots bikermikearchery! I've made a couple of sling shots, not quite as nice looking as yours. My first one, I wasn't thinking and had the grain pattern running diagonally. One of the forks broke off, fortunately I was in the process of drawing it back when I felt the wood starting to break. I used some scrap bamboo flooring material. The only damage was to my ego. Next two sling shots were made from maple and ipe. No problems with these because I corrected the grain orientation problem.

Is Fallbrook north of Bonsil?:confused:

Ric

bikermikearchery,

I had a roommate in college that was from Fallbrook. When we would go to parties, people would ask where he was from. His reply was "It's north of Bonsil." The person would look confused. Then I comment "What ?! You don't know where Bonsil is?"

Try shooting some empty 22LR brass. They tumble as they fly and make a cool whistling sound.

Wife asked me what I want for my birthday, and a slingshot was the answer. Now, which one to get? So many styles and makers to choose from. Want it for target practice at first, then to hunt with when I get efficient enough to do so.

I came across this thread when trying to find out how to choose a good slingshot. I read through all 10 pages and wow did I learn a lot! Thanks a heap to all of you guys!

Specifically to CanDo and DocArnie, after reading your posts I made and used my very first sling yesterday. Today, I made my second sling and I think I have a new addiction!

I'm still looking to get a slingshot, I'll probably pick one up at Big 5 tomorrow. I haven't shot one in years so I want to get back to it with something cheaper for now.

Thanks again everyone!

I'll probably pick one up at Big 5 tomorrow. I haven't shot one in years so I want to get back to it with something cheaper for now.

Thanks again everyone!

Welcome to BF zhi!

We don't have Big 5 here but we have Dunhams and had Sports Authority. About the same as Big 5.

I picked this one up for around $8. I put the stronger band on it for a couple dollars more. For an entry level slingshot it's fun and accurate for tin cans at ten paces.

For practice I have piece of old carpet hanging in the garage that I hang a paper target in front of. The carpet stops the shot cold and you can cut it to any size to suit your space and/or accuracy.

P1080844800x600.jpg

Enjoy your new hobby and be safe.

Back