Photos Best Slipjoint of 2017 List (Give Away)

knifeswapper

Knife Peddler
It has seemed like a fairly active year in traditional knives. There are never enough slipjoints being produced, but this year has brought a good assortment.

I would like for you to post a photo of your single favorite slipjoint produced in 2017. To make it simple, let's not consider cost in the mix - just your favorite one in hand. Doesn't have to be your picture; but there does have to be a picture of the knife. But just one slipjoint you would give the honor of "Best", no honorable mentions. I know it will be hard and possibly complicated - but please reach deep within yourself to pick just one.

As an incentive I have a #35 Green Banana Bone. It went out into the world and came back tattered and torn by someone that lacked in training for proper care of this poor little fellow. I have cleaned it up and put a new edge on it - now she is ready to go back to a good home.

IMG_8269.JPG

We'll see if we can have a mod pick a post by random next Saturday (12/16). We only ship inside the U.S. - but I am sure someone will help out if the winner is from somewhere else.

Many thanks!

This is very generous of you, Mike, thanks for the chance. I would give that poor little banana a good home, for sure!

I believe the best slipjoint produced in 2017 (that I have in hand) is the Guardian's Lambfoot in buffalo horn, made by A.Wright & Son, Sheffield England.

Guardian palm 1.jpg

Tooting my own horn - well, GEC's horn actually, this guy carries light and slim, but functions like a much larger knife! I think it will prove to be considered a great knife in future years!!
Best 2017 2.jpg
Thanks for the cool giveaway, Mike!! I don't often enter them, but, I never thought I'd feel sorry for a Banana!:eek:
I too would like to give it a good home!!
:D

Not an entry, but if I did it would be the #35 Churchill. Someone will be getting a great knife; the #35 is a fantastic daily carry and I hope that cool and funky banana gets the home it deserves this time. Good luck gentlemen :thumbsup:

The BF knife for 2017 is my favorite. Thanks Mike

GIBpmzE.jpg

Back