Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

The owner of the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans recently purchased the rights to an old New Orleans brewing company (Dixie) with the sales pitch that Dixie is coming back to New Orleans. For years, the beer has been contract brewed in Milwaukee, iirc. However, Mr. Benson is a car sales man. The beer is now contract brewed in Memphis, Tennessee. There's talks of building a brewery instate, but this is a man who is seemingly satisfied with his sub-.500 professional franchises; so I can only assume he's going to once again make a bunch of money off of the NOLA brand and not really do anything worth while. Anyway, my Case Beer Trapper is cracking them open in this oppressive heat while I grill burgers and work on my car.

IMG_20170820_124549_2.jpg

Looks like you're having fun Barrett :) I've generally found Bath Ales pretty pedestrian, but a friend who lives in Bristol, brought me up some fancy high-end brews they did, Imperial Russian Stout and the like, with high ABVs, think they were part of a limited run. They were pretty good :thumbsup:

Jack, I would have to agree with you on Bath Ales. They weren't bad, but there was nothing particularly impressive about them, either. The dark bitter was too sweet for my tastes.

Jack, I would have to agree with you on Bath Ales. They weren't bad, but there was nothing particularly impressive about them, either. The dark bitter was too sweet for my tastes.

They are the sort of thing you see on the shelves of the big supermarkets here Barrett. Hope you can find something better while you're here my friend :thumbsup:

After a strenuous trail run, several pints of water and electrolyte drink, and a few chores I'm firmly planted in my favorite backyard spot in the shade until it's time to fire up the grill for dinner. I'm not sure which whittling project I'm going to work on while I sip this sour from Hermitage Brewing Company, so I came prepared. :D

pb20BEFh.jpg
. Nice drinking glove! ;)

Jack Black Jack Black too many Rolling Rocks from my college days (my roommate was from PA) turned me off ales for years. He would bring a trunk load of them back from a visit home. The smell evokes flashbacks..

Jack Black Jack Black too many Rolling Rocks from my college days (my roommate was from PA) turned me off ales for years. He would bring a trunk load of them back from a visit home. The smell evokes flashbacks..

I'm the same way with (hard) cider Jerry, drank far too much of it at an early age! :D Rolling Rock is available here these days, but I've never actually tasted it :thumbsup:

I'm the same way with (hard) cider Jerry, drank far too much of it at an early age! :D Rolling Rock is available here these days, but I've never actually tasted it :thumbsup:

Do not drink a single drop, it will forever taint your attitude of Americans.

We picked up some more beer for at a shop in Bath today, and while we were there, I peeked at the selection of American beers just for fun. The funniest thing I saw was 12 oz. cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon for £3 per can!

We also had a couple pints of cask ale at a pub downtown. Of course, I had my #25 along with me.

WLzQCSR.jpg

FqXRdE2.jpg1\img]

More cool pics Barrett, your #25 was a nice choice :) I've still not tried PBR! :D Hope the pub was OK, I'm not at all familiar with Bath. In fact I've never even been there! :D :thumbsup:

Back