Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

The theme is a little dark this evening, gentlemen.

ORUqtRB.jpg

Sounds like a wonderful day, Jack, and well worth any residual soreness. :thumbsup:

Looks like a refreshing post hike pint pictured with your #14 TC. Such pleasing little knives!

BTW, I'm surprised to see "English Pale Ale". I would have thought it to be just Pale Ale. Is this an instance like Real Lambsfoot Knife, just in case there's any doubt? ;) The simile is tongue-in-cheek, but I'm genuinely curious about the name of the beer style.

Sounds like a wonderful day, Jack, and well worth any residual soreness. :thumbsup:

Looks like a refreshing post hike pint pictured with your #14 TC. Such pleasing little knives!

BTW, I'm surprised to see "English Pale Ale". I would have thought it to be just Pale Ale. Is this an instance like Real Lambsfoot Knife, just in case there's any doubt? ;) The simile is tongue-in-cheek, but I'm genuinely curious about the name of the beer style.

Unfortunately, I couldn't resist scaling a few large boulders - and I don't have the s-t-r-e-t-c-h I had at one time! :D A very good day (posted a few pics in the EDC thread) :)

Not a common ale description, and probably a new way of selling old beer (by one of the bigger breweries) I think ;) I guess it differentiates it from India Pale Ale, and from the American-style IPAs, which are very popular here :)

I'm just having a few cans with my Davison now ;) Enjoy your evening my friend :thumbsup:

A few days away doing some chores on a mates smallholding. Decent honest graft as opposed to my usual "work". The deal is usually work for beer 'n board :) but as it rained more than not I reckon the work we did wasn't worth the beer we drank :D
Only the Ettrick for the entire time though I can't say it saw much use.

Peg Fyfe mild. 3.9%. All Hallows Brewery. The Bay Horse, Burythorpe, North Yorkshire.

Iil6lk4.jpg

A few days away doing some chores on a mates smallholding. Decent honest graft as opposed to my usual "work". The deal is usually work for beer 'n board :) but as it rained more than not I reckon the work we did wasn't worth the beer we drank :D

Peg Fyfe mild. 3.9%. All Hallows Brewery. The Bay Horse, Burythorpe, North Yorkshire.

Iil6lk4.jpg

Great stuff Donn :thumbsup:

Hope you get some cooler weather soon Dylan :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. It is finally starting to cool down. In fact, today is in the low 70s and we even have some rain falling. Much needed to rinse some of the haze out of the sky.

Hot out today so I tried a tart ale for the first time. This stuff is awesome!
4s2Nbbfl.jpg

That is an intriguing ale. The knife is unfamiliar to me but that is some very pretty stag, and that is coming from a guy who usually doesn't care for it.

Had a great hike today, one of my old rock-climbing stomping grounds. Boy, is it beautiful :) Pint before heading into Sheffield for a late lunch ;) Think I'm going to ache tomorrow :D

Happy to hear you had a pleasant hike, Jack. The pictures you took are stunning.

Iil6lk4.jpg

What a fantastic and picturesque setting. That beer looks exquisite!

Having a bit of coffee at the moment. Had some heavy cream left over from some earlier cooking. Makes for a nice rich cup of coffee now and then. Going to be meeting up later this evening with some buddies, having a fire, and enjoying some whisky and cigars.

So I'm hydrating with coffee beforehand... :D

jgXAFIR.jpg

What a fantastic and picturesque setting. That beer looks exquisite!

Having a bit of coffee at the moment. Had some heavy cream left over from some earlier cooking. Makes for a nice rich cup of coffee now and then. Going to be meeting up later this evening with some buddies, having a fire, and enjoying some whisky and cigars.

jgXAFIR.jpg

Thanks Padruig it was, but theres very little that isn't picturesque and exquisite in North Yorkshire :thumbsup::D
0r65blM.jpg

QNpxTwy.jpg

A great choice for the day and it sounds like you've got a great Sunday planned.

Not a common ale description, and probably a new way of selling old beer (by one of the bigger breweries) I think ;) I guess it differentiates it from India Pale Ale, and from the American-style IPAs, which are very popular here :)

Thanks Jack. There is also American Pale Ale with Sierra Nevada being the canonical example and Deschutes Mirror Pond being one of my favorites.

After a strenuous trail run, several pints of water and electrolyte drink, and a few chores I'm firmly planted in my favorite backyard spot in the shade until it's time to fire up the grill for dinner. I'm not sure which whittling project I'm going to work on while I sip this sour from Hermitage Brewing Company, so I came prepared. :D

pb20BEFh.jpg

Cheers Jack. Visited Northern Monk on my annual Leeds Christmas pub crawl. Beer I tried wasn't bad which surprised me as I'm more real ale than craft ale, and the food was nice. Hope those tinnys didn't disappoint :thumbsup:

They weren't bad thanks Donn :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. It is finally starting to cool down. In fact, today is in the low 70s and we even have some rain falling. Much needed to rinse some of the haze out of the sky.

Happy to hear you had a pleasant hike, Jack. The pictures you took are stunning.

jgXAFIR.jpg

Glad to hear you're getting some respite with the weather Dylan, thanks for the kind words my friend :) I hope you had a fantastic evening :) Cool pic :thumbsup:

Thanks Padruig it was, but theres very little that isn't picturesque and exquisite in North Yorkshire :thumbsup::D
0r65blM.jpg

QNpxTwy.jpg

Thanks for the extra pics Donn, you can't meet a good old pub :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. There is also American Pale Ale with Sierra Nevada being the canonical example and Deschutes Mirror Pond being one of my favorites.

After a strenuous trail run, several pints of water and electrolyte drink, and a few chores I'm firmly planted in my favorite backyard spot in the shade until it's time to fire up the grill for dinner. I'm not sure which whittling project I'm going to work on while I sip this sour from Hermitage Brewing Company, so I came prepared. :D

pb20BEFh.jpg

Sorry for missing that one, I love Sierra Nevada's beers too! :D Great pic, I hope you had a lovely afternoon :) :thumbsup:

... Keeweenaw Brewery has a great black IPA that's sold everywhere up there that is excellent. ...
All hail Michigan craft beers! :)
Thanks, Chris, for the helpful info earlier this year! :thumbsup:
We're currently vacationing in the UP and I've been very pleased with some of the beers made by Keweenaw Brewing Company. Pictured below is Level 92, called a Black India Pale Ale; despite the apparent contradiction in terms (black - pale?? :confused:), I think it's really good! :cool: Also shown is a Vic red Alox old cross Pioneer that I picked up in an antique store for what I considered a fantastic price (compared to e-Bay :rolleyes:). I'm ecstatic over my first old cross SAK!! :thumbsup:
aj8CXVR.jpg

- GT

0r65blM.jpg

QNpxTwy.jpg

A great choice for the day and it sounds like you've got a great Sunday planned.

A beautiful place indeed. Sounds like it will be well worth a visit at some point in my lifetime.

Glad to hear you're getting some respite with the weather Dylan, thanks for the kind words my friend :) I hope you had a fantastic evening :) Cool pic :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I'm rather comfortable in the 60s. 70s and 80s are a bit too warm for me but it is considerably better than the 90s and 100s we have had to endure recently. I am most definitely looking forward to the fall.

Beer and knife nirvana tonight.

4NHaVT9h.jpg

Buzz, that rams horn is just plain gorgeous. I've been really enjoying the variety in that particular cover that folks have been displaying. They did a great job on those.

Thanks, Chris, for the helpful info earlier this year! :thumbsup:
We're currently vacationing in the UP and I've been very pleased with some of the beers made by Keweenaw Brewing Company. Pictured below is Level 92, called a Black India Pale Ale; despite the apparent contradiction in terms (black - pale?? :confused:), I think it's really good! :cool: Also shown is a Vic red Alox old cross Pioneer that I picked up in an antique store for what I considered a fantastic price (compared to e-Bay :rolleyes:). I'm ecstatic over my first old cross SAK!! :thumbsup:
aj8CXVR.jpg

- GT

I am rather fond of Black IPAs, it is a very tasty twist on a very tasty style. I'll have to put that on the list.

I am drinking something fun this evening and am attempting to enjoy the quiet.

yO2mxRj.jpg

Back