Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I saw a curry flavoured beer on sale in a pub in Bradford once, had a taste - absolutely disgusting! :eek: :D Barman said not many people liked it! :rolleyes:

A Camillus scout seemed the appropriate tool for opening this Muir Woods IPA:

cikSDfvh.jpg

Tasting notes from the bottle:
"Like drinking a citrus-laced pine cone."

What's cool is that a portion of the proceeds go to Muir Woods National Park. :thumbsup:
Darn that looks refreshing, great photo Greg!

@Will My ex- mother in law used to make "repas de chasse" for the hunters in autumn - winter and was partly paid with a good cut of meat. I could regret her just for that... Don't think twice, it's alright! :confused:

@Padruig
LOL! There not as good as they look as they tend to fizz up the beer when you pour :( but they certainly look the part :thumbsup:
If your a fan of 'Game of Thrones' you'll of seen them. Apparently this company supplied hundreds of various horn vessels to the production company.

https://www.abbeyhorn.co.uk/dept/replica-drinking-vessels_d02142.htm?sid=720109568&rrp=21&dord=1

I have a drinking horn that I use with some regularity. And yes, the beer does seem to fizz quite a bit on the pour. I like interesting drinking ware so I may pick up a horn tankard, I like them. :D

Horn handled knives yes please! But er, horn handled drinking vessel? Not so mucho_O:eek::D must impart an Oxo flavour....:D Nice beer mind:thumbsup:

I have lined the inside of my drinking horn with beeswax so I haven't noticed any odd flavors being imparted to my beverages. Yet...

Difficult to stage a pic with a knife and drinking horn, so I will post pics separately.

M5Lyvrj.jpg

Which would go very nicely with a lambsfoot knife I would think...

3N9B5bb.jpg

I have a drinking horn that I use with some regularity. And yes, the beer does seem to fizz quite a bit on the pour. I like interesting drinking ware so I may pick up a horn tankard, I like them. :D

I have lined the inside of my drinking horn with beeswax so I haven't noticed any odd flavors being imparted to my beverages. Yet...

Difficult to stage a pic with a knife and drinking horn, so I will post pics separately.

M5Lyvrj.jpg

3N9B5bb.jpg

Very cool drinking horn picture, a bit tricky to set that one down though. :)

Very cool drinking horn picture, a bit tricky to set that one down though. :)

Ha! Yes, I pretty much have to keep it in hand til I've drained it dry. Hence the difficulties in staging a full horn and a knife together...

Ha! Yes, I pretty much have to keep it in hand til I've drained it dry. Hence the difficulties in staging a full horn and a knife together...

A clever plan in foregoing the option to set it down, you always know where it is. :)
I did see some interesting stands on the web for drinking horns like this one.

Just some fun with an old beer can and a lock back Canal Street...View attachment 757415

M5Lyvrj.jpg

3N9B5bb.jpg

Wassail Dylan! :thumbsup:

Stopped for a Brooklyn Lager while visiting the NYS Fair today. Russell pinched peanut was on pocket duty.
ibOp5Ka.jpg

Cheers Gary, not had one of those in a while :thumbsup:

A clever plan in foregoing the option to set it down, you always know where it is. :)

Just some fun with an old beer can and a lock back Canal Street...View attachment 757415

Cool pic my friend :thumbsup:

I'm sure the humour of the scene from Jaws where Quint crushes the beer-can, is completely lost on many younger viewers :thumbsup:

Errr....CRIKEY! :eek: You don't do things by halves now do you Padruig...:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Never! :D Life is all about enjoying the finer things it has to offer. And that includes drinking from a horn that holds TWO Ales! ;)

Yeah, I think the success of Game of Thrones and Vikings has prompted a whole slew of interesting drink ware and accompanying accessories...

I love your picture. I do wish I had not come into the scene so late that firms like Canal Street had become just footnotes... Every knife I've seen of theirs has been very pleasing to the eye, no doubt the same in hand.

I decided to pair my libation this evening with the 2017 Forum knife. It is such a pleasurable little knife and the sheepfoot blade cuts like a dream, I used it to prepare some veggie wraps for dinner, made short work of the cherry tomatoes. It is likely the only TC Barlow I'll own, so it is certainly a treasure.

vFJMFDH.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black in my early drinking days, steel cans were the norm. A church key was carried as an EDC of the ne'r do wells.

Same here JB :) There were also these large 4 and 7 pint cans called Party Fours or Party Sevens. You usually got a free church key when you bought one. The beer was invariably awful, and went flat as soon as you opened the can!

I saw a curry flavoured beer on sale in a pub in Bradford once, had a taste - absolutely disgusting! :eek: :D Barman said not many people liked it! :rolleyes:

I had a similar experience with Rogue Ale's Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale. I should've known it would be terrible, but curiosity got the better of me. It was awful. Tasted like old Waffle House dishwater. :confused:

M5Lyvrj.jpg

Dylan, it sounds like you need to get yourself a cupbearer who could hold your drinking horn and knife for you when you want to get a photo (and, of course, taste your ale to ensure you aren't poisoned by enemies who might plot against you.) :D

Never! :D Life is all about enjoying the finer things it has to offer. And that includes drinking from a horn that holds TWO Ales! ;)

What a great life philosophy! Amen to that! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think it's got to be 35 years since I saw it myself! :D :thumbsup:

35 years! That's criminal! Your annual film watching should always include Jaws. And The Fog (original), The Thing (original), Big Trouble in Little China, Where Eagles Dare, True Grit (original), The Dambusters, Quigley Down Under.... :cool::thumbsup:

I had a similar experience with Rogue Ale's Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale. I should've known it would be terrible, but curiosity got the better of me. It was awful. Tasted like old Waffle House dishwater. :confused:

And sir I've never met you, but you sound like an extremely courageous man :thumbsup::D

Back to decent ale. Three Tuns Stout 4.4%. Bishop's Castle Brewery. Being enjoyed at the Black Bear pub, Whitchurch in the county of Shropshire.
T2UuhRc.jpg

:eek: :D :thumbsup:

You are clearly a man who likes to spend time in the ..er library my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Back