Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Any of you folks who partake going to be in Vancouver, BC for Hopscotch?

Drinking some Pennslyltucky IPA from Titusville. I spent 3 days hiking the entire Oil Creek state park and was hoping to stop buy the factory yesterday. They are on shut down this week:(. Oh well just another reason to go back. The beer is great. Titusville was great. The 3 day, 33 mile hike was amazing. I had this Barlow with me the entire time.
RWX7bY6h.jpg

Is that a Churchill, or am I seeing what I want to see?
(I've got the yellow rose reserved but it isn't out yet.)

Haven't posted here in a little while. I missed my opportunity for quality outdoor lighting so apologies for the less than great picture.

This ale is one of my favorites though.

ziXXihT.jpg

Cool pic Dylan, looks like an interesting brew :thumbsup: Is that a mermaid bottle-opener?

Is that a Churchill, or am I seeing what I want to see?
(I've got the yellow rose reserved but it isn't out yet.)

It is indeed! I've been pretty impressed with this knife, it is just a warm, solid, well built equal ender and I am pretty pleased that I decided to pick one up. Hopefully you get your Yellow Rose soon, I look forward to seeing it.

Cool pic Dylan, looks like an interesting brew :thumbsup: Is that a mermaid bottle-opener?

The Imperial Mistress is the "Imperial" version of a very drinkable ale known as the Citrus Mistress, made by Hop Valley Brewing Co., located about an hour south of where I reside. The Imperial Mistress with its higher alcohol content gives it a warmer, maltier profile that balances very well with the otherwise citrusy bitterness that is accentuated by the Grapefruit and copious amounts of hops.

The bottle opener is indeed a mermaid. It is a favorite. Even though it is big and heavy, being that is is a large hunk of cast metal, it sits quite comfortably in the hand.

Late in processing/posting this pic, but this was taken October 1, hence the Octoberfest (no "k" in the Sam Adams version). Knife is an Imperial equal-end jack with a tang stamp that indicates 1936-1952 manufacture date.
jrxvaIA.jpg

- GT

The Imperial Mistress is the "Imperial" version of a very drinkable ale known as the Citrus Mistress, made by Hop Valley Brewing Co., located about an hour south of where I reside. The Imperial Mistress with its higher alcohol content gives it a warmer, maltier profile that balances very well with the otherwise citrusy bitterness that is accentuated by the Grapefruit and copious amounts of hops.

The bottle opener is indeed a mermaid. It is a favorite. Even though it is big and heavy, being that is is a large hunk of cast metal, it sits quite comfortably in the hand.

Thanks for the info my friend, that sounds like a brew I definitely need to look out for :) Cool bottle-opener :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Back