Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Old photo, but I AM carrying the knife this week, and WISH I had an original Guinness stout now! ;)
9obKXaE.jpg

- GT

Mrs. Leverlilly: You've ruined that piano!

Inspector Clouseau: What is the price of one piano compared to the terrible crime that's been committed here?

Mrs. Leverlilly: But that's a priceless Steinway!

Inspector Clouseau: Not anymore!

Up9MwVG.jpg

Well, I intended to get a case of Bell's winter ale, but it's 50% more expensive than Sam Adams' winter classics. Despite my fears, the Fezziwig (brewed with cinnamon, ginger, and orange peel) is fine. The chocolate Bock is fine. The Cream Stout is fine. Maybe not sehr gut, but ganz gut at least.
Merry Christmas!

Well, I intended to get a case of Bell's winter ale, but it's 50% more expensive than Sam Adams' winter classics. Despite my fears, the Fezziwig (brewed with cinnamon, ginger, and orange peel) is fine. The chocolate Bock is fine. The Cream Stout is fine. Maybe not sehr gut, but ganz gut at least.
Merry Christmas!
You have good taste, Jer.

Interesting knife, Gary. Really like those scales. And Guinness--is there a better beer? But may I suggest a proper beer glass? ;)
Thanks, Vince; I don't know what the synthetic used for that knife is, but I too like the burgundy color with black swirls through it. :cool::thumbsup: I realize I'm not very couth, socially speaking, but what's improper about a fine glass beer mug?? Like a pint Mason jar, but with a handle so my body heat doesn't warm the beer in the mug, and I can put a lid on it to keep it from going "flat" if I get called away to another task mid-mug. And it reminds me of going to A&W or Dog&Suds when I was a kid and getting what then seemed like an impossibly huge glass mug full of root beer!! :):thumbsup::eek::D

- GT

Thanks, Vince; I don't know what the synthetic used for that knife is, but I too like the burgundy color with black swirls through it. :cool::thumbsup: I realize I'm not very couth, socially speaking, but what's improper about a fine glass beer mug?? Like a pint Mason jar, but with a handle so my body heat doesn't warm the beer in the mug, and I can put a lid on it to keep it from going "flat" if I get called away to another task mid-mug. And it reminds me of going to A&W or Dog&Suds when I was a kid and getting what then seemed like an impossibly huge glass mug full of root beer!! :):thumbsup::eek::D

- GT
Just funning with ya, Gary! I happen to prefer traditional pint glasses, and have never had a problem with the beer getting warm or going flat. Maybe I drink too fast! ;)

Last edited:
Old photo, but I AM carrying the knife this week, and WISH I had an original Guinness stout now!
Super cool knife GT. I'm gonna have to run one down.

I realize I'm not very couth, socially speaking, but what's improper about a fine glass beer mug?? Like a pint Mason jar, but with a handle so my body heat doesn't warm the beer in the mug, and I can put a lid on it to keep it from going "flat" if I get called away to another task mid-mug. And it reminds me of going to A&W or Dog&Suds when I was a kid and getting what then seemed like an impossibly huge glass mug full of root beer!
:D I don't know about couth but you are the sultan of cool. :cool:

Last edited:
Mrs. Leverlilly: You've ruined that piano!

Inspector Clouseau: What is the price of one piano compared to the terrible crime that's been committed here?

Mrs. Leverlilly: But that's a priceless Steinway!

Inspector Clouseau: Not anymore!

Up9MwVG.jpg
Peter Sellers was a genius. I was saw one film where he played six different parts.

Back