Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Old photo, but I AM carrying the knife this week, and WISH I had an original Guinness stout now! ;)
9obKXaE.jpg

- GT

Great knife and one of my favorite beers! I like the extra stout with the yellow label.

The Fiendish Plot of Dr Fu Manchu?
I don't know how many times I saw Dr. Strangelove before I realized he was playing the president as well as Strangelove and Mandrake.
Could have been Fu Manchu. Saw it in the early '70s, though the film could have been a few years old.
"The Party" is one of my favorites.

20181215_182906.jpg
I cook at a bar and grille. Its now my weekend and I am enjoying this Vanilla Porter in a glass coated with with Dark Chocolate and Toffee chunks. Omg this is seriously good!
But the only way I've found to get at the choco an toffee is by using my GEC 25 to shave it off.

20181215_183513.jpg
A good drink an a great knife make my life, Just Right!

View attachment 1038445
I cook at a bar and grille. Its now my weekend and I am enjoying this Vanilla Porter in a glass coated with with Dark Chocolate and Toffee chunks. Omg this is seriously good!
But the only way I've found to get at the choco an toffee is by using my GEC 25 to shave it off.

View attachment 1038447
A good drink an a great knife make my life, Just Right!
That is awesome!

Just funning with ya, Gary! I happen to prefer traditional pint glasses, and have never had a problem with the beer getting warm or going flat. Maybe I drink too fast! ;)
:D Yeah, I knew you were just "giving me the business", Vince. I used to almost always drink beer straight from the bottle or can, and was amazed at how much tastier it was if I poured it into a frosty glass/mug first. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Beer Disclaimer:

Dark Heavy Stout Beers are FANTASTIC at room temperature (or very slightly chilled) in a pint glass.

Samuel Smith is my absolute favorite with Guinness a very close second.

Many many years ago we had a small RAF squad from the UK with us in the barracks for 6 months.

They would not touch cold domestic beer, and managed to get us to try beer their way. :D

- Del

Thanks, M Mohawkjk2 ! :) The Guinness Extra Stout you mention is definitely a winner, too! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Like this? ;)
Qk3oWO7.jpg

Sounds like you might like this, too! :p
rm6OWJo.jpg

- GT

Beer Disclaimer:

Dark Heavy Stout Beers are FANTASTIC at room temperature (or very slightly chilled) in a pint glass.

Samuel Smith is my absolute favorite with Guinness a very close second.

Many many years ago we had a small RAF squad from the UK with us in the barracks for 6 months.

They would not touch cold domestic beer, and managed to get us to try beer their way. :D

- Del
Two of my favorites. Hard to beat.

Just funning with ya, Gary! I happen to prefer traditional pint glasses, and have never had a problem with the beer getting warm or going flat. Maybe I drink too fast! ;)
Vince, here's a pic my daughter sent me last night. I thought it was interesting, given our recent repartee about vessels for drinking beer. :eek::thumbsup: She saw some glasses like this in a Minneapolis antique store, and thought about buying them so we could drink our Killian's out of them when she visits home. But then, knowing me and my affinity for my Mason jar mug, she decided I'd like the thought better than the actual glasses, so she just sent me a pic. :D (I probably drink a bottle of Killian's 2 or 3 times per week, alternating with porter/stout/scotch ale when I can get it, and with the occasional IPA.)
killian's.glass.jpg

- GT

Back