Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

9KHLEZk.jpg

Slainte!

Last edited:
I spent some time this afternoon sitting socially distanced with neighbors who had stouts of various brands (I had none at home). It was so pleasant that I failed to run to the store for a fresh supply of Irish whiskey, leaving me with a mere two bottles from which to sip. In this drear time, I need to make do, and nay complain.

6JVsakg.jpg

vXN3CXd.jpg

Well, it wasn't all drinkin' and such unhealthy stuff.

omttBPF.jpg

- Stuart

I spent some time this afternoon sitting socially distanced with neighbors who had stouts of various brands (I had none at home). It was so pleasant that I failed to run to the store for a fresh supply of Irish whiskey, leaving me with a mere two bottles from which to sip. In this drear time, I need to make do, and nay complain.

6JVsakg.jpg

vXN3CXd.jpg

omttBPF.jpg

- Stuart
Candy is dandy,
But liquor is quicker.
:D

After I read your post on trying everything, I literally searched for "Breast Milk Stout"...I don't know why, it just came to mind. I couldn't believe one appeared:confused:
LOL that's funny!

Enjoying a Guinness this evening. Cheers everyone!

Candy is dandy,
But liquor is quicker.
:D

If we’re quoting Ogden Nash, how about a limerick about being drunk. Seems appropriate for St. Patrick’s Day. :D

There was an old man in a trunk.​

Who inquired of his wife, “Am I drunk?”​

She replied with regret, “I’m afraid so, my pet.”​

And he answered, “It’s just as I thunk.”

If we’re quoting Ogden Nash, how about a limerick about being drunk. Seems appropriate for St. Patrick’s Day. :D

There was an old man in a trunk.​

Who inquired of his wife, “Am I drunk?”​

She replied with regret, “I’m afraid so, my pet.”​

And he answered, “It’s just as I thunk.”
Same poet: "A Drink with Something in It"

There is something about a martini,
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow martini--
I wish I had one at present.

There is something about a martini,
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth
It is not the vermouth:
I think that perhaps it's the gin!

[Not sure if that's exact--going from memory.]:D

Enjoying all the Saint Patrick's Day posts, even though I had a dry one! :( :sobbinglikeababy: ;)

Great pic Dave, covers to match your stout :)

So wrong! :eek:

6JVsakg.jpg

vXN3CXd.jpg

omttBPF.jpg

- Stuart

Smashing photos Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Great feed Vince :) :thumbsup:

Candy is dandy,
But liquor is quicker.

Yes, and then - I was married!

Smashing photos Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, jack, and condolences for your impractical and incomplete St. Patrick's Day. Mine was about as confused, though I rallied, barely, at the end.

Tonight, I savored, hunkered in our kitchen, another Quarantini (think rye whiskey Manhattan). And maybe another. The Case Fishtail that I was totin' today looked things over, but did no culinary chores (frankly, it scares me).

8aBTyqd.jpg

- Stuart

Oh boy! Now that's just showing off, Vince! :D;)

I just had breakfast and I'm hungry again.

We have an Irish tavern in our town that brings in a tanker of green beer for Saint Patrick's day. What a wild time it was back when I was young, single and lived near by. With all the restaurants closed I'm not sure what they are doing with all of that beer.

View attachment 1304814
I just got home from a crazy 12 hour shift but had a nice dinner waiting for me. Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
That looks very satisfying, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Like Wharn Wharn , my Guinness Draft Stout happens to be bottled, and for Tuesday's St. Patrick's Day, I paired it with a Killian's Irish Red:
st.patrick.pair.flash.jpg

My supper on 3/17/20 wasn't nearly as festive as yours, Vince, but I have been enjoying a bottle of Guinness Extra Stout every few days recently (pic is old though):
recruitgreg.guinness.chessbook.jpg

- GT

Back