Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

All I know about this is I got it at Aldi. I never go in there because the parking lot is so narrow and crowded, with packs of idiots coming from all directions. Luckily, I fit right in.
hKc9O3E.jpg

I am guessing the Octoberfest in Fredericksburg will probably be cancelled this year. Really enjoyed going last year. But I can still buy some Oktberfest beer. I know there are some good American ones, but I'm buying German. You're making me thirsty, Taylor!
Can you point me in the direction of a good German Octoberfest brew? Thanks Vince!

I mow my own grass. I keep my 'reward' in mind as I mow! St. Arnolds, Houston, TX.
View attachment 1415571

Nothing like a cold beer after mowing the lawn! :thumbsup: I’ve had that one before, too. I got to tour the brewery a few years ago (and, of course, sample some of the wares :D). Really cool old building they’re in.

Nectar of the gods! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can you point me in the direction of a good German Octoberfest brew? Thanks Vince!

I don't think you can go wrong, to be honest. I really like Ayinger, but Spaten (as Vince recommended), Paulaner, Weihenstephaner, Hacker-Pschorr are all good. (Probably a couple more “standards” I’m not thinking of at the moment.)

Chui Chui , nice RR knives there wondering what the closed one is and bone color they look really good in that picture.

- thank you. Closed one is the Large Stockman - together with the Large Trapper - they are big folders.

Am told by one of the older established suppliers here in UK that the head of RR is a very nice guy from USA, and they send their 440A steel for use in the knives.

Now you're talkin', Taylor! ;):thumbsup::cool: I bought a 12-pack of that Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest a week ago.

As for German versions, I tried several a year ago. If you search this thread for "Oktoberfest", posted by 5K Qs, newer than September 1, 2019, you'll find a bunch of my posts with opinions on various Oktoberfest beers, including several German imports (mostly the ones Barrett mentioned in a recent post). Here's a post in which I stated that I actually enjoyed almost all of the American Oktoberfest brews more than all of the German ones (but almost any Oktoberfest is good):
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...onal-of-course.1323677/page-356#post-19302975

- GT

Back