1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Alnamvet68, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    I've been seeing all you guys posting your Octoberfests and I love them too. We finally got some cool weather and you can feel fall coming in the air and Archery season has started so it's time!![​IMG]

Dschal, jwb01, Nature Boy and 8 others like this.
  2. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    First time with this Hefe. It's very good! Couldn't find the Octoberfest.
    [​IMG]

3. Jake Dudley

Jake Dudley Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 22, 2020
    Dschal, Spaten, tmd_87 and 4 others like this.
  4. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Something a bit more local for me tonight.

[​IMG]

Pt-Luso, Old Engineer, Dschal and 6 others like this.
  5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    How is it? I've tried local Texas whiskey and didn't like it at all!

Pt-Luso and Jolipapa like this.
  6. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

7. Mitt

Mitt

Aug 31, 2017
    What all have you tried? There are some good ones out there.

8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I don't remember the names. A Total Wine liquor store opened up here a few months ago, and they were giving out samples. Tasted nasty. Might have tried only 3 or 4 Texas whiskies. Think I will stick with Scotland, Ireland, Kentucky, and Tennessee! I have had some good Japanese whisky, too.

Pt-Luso, Scott J. and jwb01 like this.
  9. Mitt

Mitt

Aug 31, 2017
    I will say there are a couple that rival Kentucky you just have to find them.

Garrison Brothers is the still the best, but their entry level bourbon isn’t as good as it was a few years ago. It’s a wheat based bourbon like Makers. To me it’s still better than Makers.

Balcones makes some interesting whiskies. Their Texas Pot Still Bourbon is good and their Brimstone has kind of a scotch flavor to it.

I hear good things about TX bourbon, but I haven’t tried it. I picked up a bottle of their whiskey when it first came out and didn’t like it.

I’m more of a single barrel guy. Blends have their place but a good single barrel and you won’t go back.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Prester John likes this.
  10. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    What’s that? You might have said before but again please.

11. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

Dschal, jwb01, Prester John and 5 others like this.
  12. Zachary

Zachary Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2017
    I try to pay attention to the message on my favorite mug, but some days are harder than others.

EEE08D33-D4E4-4090-9C12-85D23894E0DC.jpeg 7845C198-658E-4DBB-A414-AB7384634FC2.jpeg

Pt-Luso, Old Engineer, Dschal and 8 others like this.
  13. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    A michelada with watermelon chamoy.

Pt-Luso and jsdistin like this.
  14. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I like the TX whiskey as a change... it's got a sort of vanilla "nose", but I like the flavor..... y'all inspired me to make it my choice this evening....

[​IMG]

Dschal, Scott J., jwb01 and 4 others like this.
  15. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    I’m sure at this point I’m being super dumb, but now I’m even more confused. What is a michelada? From the picture it looks like you mixed something with the beer but maybe they’re two separate drinks. And now what is chamoy?

16. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    It's a mixed beer drink. Usually with a spicy tomato base. With other seasoning and lime. If you go to an authentic Mexican food spot they usually sell micheladas there. The chamoy is like a sweet/spicey jelly? Kinda. Hard to explain the chamoy and there is different types.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Pt-Luso likes this.
  17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Old Engineer, Jathes, Dschal and 6 others like this.
  18. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Heck of a beer day!!! Had a beer trade with @Jake Dudley. There was one more beer but I got to excited and took a pic. @Prester John @5K Qs how's my Octoberfest supply?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pt-Luso, Old Engineer, Spaten and 8 others like this.
  19. Jake Dudley

Jake Dudley Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 22, 2020
  20. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Oh! That’s probably my favorite Hefeweizen. It’s so good! Nice blades, too! :thumbsup:

It’s pretty good, isn’t it? :D

tmd_87 likes this.