Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I’ve never had that beer Mike but I love those covers. 😎👍
Thanks! The covers have really grown on me, and these turned out to be some pretty well put together Case knives!
The beer is local. Fresh Kills is the name of the landfill here. Pretty gross to think about, but the beer is pretty good!
I gave a brief description of the Fresh Kills Landfill in Merle’s thread:

Thanks! The covers have really grown on me, and these turned out to be some pretty well put together Case knives!
The beer is local. Fresh Kills is the name of the landfill here. Pretty gross to think about, but the beer is pretty good!
I gave a brief description of the Fresh Kills Landfill in Merle’s thread:
I remember reading about the landfill during your time with Merle, but I didn’t make the connection. 👍

Tequila and Crown shots for Nichole's birthday. Damascus paring knife on the cutting board for the limes:

9c0S0yu.jpg

Had one of these as my supper beverage earlier this week. I posted one last week, using an old (and rather unfocused) photo. This photo, and the knife in it, are relatively new:
dirtybastard.watchmansheepsfoot.jpg

I agree with at least the first and last sentences on the bottle's label pictured below. I think it's VERY good beer, and even though I've been a kind of scrawny guy my entire life, I don't think of myself as a "wee lad", so I'm qualified to enjoy this brand now and then. 😁
dirtybastard.label.jpg

- GT

Had one of these as my supper beverage earlier this week. I posted one last week, using an old (and rather unfocused) photo. This photo, and the knife in it, are relatively new:
View attachment 1834771

I agree with at least the first and last sentences on the bottle's label pictured below. I think it's VERY good beer, and even though I've been a kind of scrawny guy my entire life, I don't think of myself as a "wee lad", so I'm qualified to enjoy this brand now and then. 😁
View attachment 1834770

- GT
I like the "hints of smoke and peat." Will have to look for it. Would pair well with Texas barbecue.

Thank you for preventing, but too late, i saw.
Be certain that I will avenge this poor rat at the first opportunity!

Dan.
The rat that was scoffing my mates tomato crop?...at least it died for a good cause.
Can't decide if I hate snakes or rats more!
20220510_180741.jpg
Whats not to like ?
At least its distilled through carbon, rather than stainless, filters! 🤓

Is that a seaman/sailor on the label? What is he carrying?

- GT
Looks like a keg and 3 slabs of beer.. smoking a pipe..
I'm not really sure that it does. I think it's more about the clarity of the spirit than the flavor. Maybe a chemist could help us out?
Definitely....
they sell all sorts of hangover cures..

I like the "hints of smoke and peat." Will have to look for it. Would pair well with Texas barbecue.
I'll bet you'd like it, Vince. It's called Scotch (not Scottish, that's apparently different) ale (or "wee heavy") which is not a very common style of beer in the US.

Looks like a keg and 3 slabs of beer.. smoking a pipe..
That sounds plausible, although maybe the "keg" is a sailor's duffel bag?
Maybe strange things for a sailor on a vodka label to carry, though.

- GT

Back