Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Great picture @StoneBeard!

Today I tested the emergency beer can opening system:

hTVkguAh.jpg

This was only a test. In the event of an actual pop-top failure emergency, remain calm, grab your scout, and carry on. :D

That was awesome. I think it's the best post I've yet to see in this thread. LOL. Great knife too.

I'm just soaking up some Flower Power today.

9iinDFPh.jpg

A little Goose while I grill porkchops.

asFB9CPh.jpg

Here in the PNW, IPAs are extremely popular with many pubs and taphouses carrying numerous examples of such a distinctive style. The style has become so prevalent that there was a period of time that I simply became burned out on the style. That being said, summer has arrived and I have yet to find a more perfect ale for hot weather than an ice cold, citrusy, hop bomb (aka IPA).

Making myself thirsty now... 2 more hours in the office though. I never tire of seeing your scouts Buzzbait Buzzbait . I have actually been eyeballing a rough looking Camillus. Everything looks in good shape except the covers. The price seems right though... I will have to think on it a bit more.

On vacation this week in beautiful Nova Scotia. I tucked my SAK Waiter (Thanks, Mike!) and my Black G10 Peanut into my daughter's Pack N Play for checked baggage. Travel was a nightmare (our 9-hour itinerary turned into a 46-hour, 6 airport, one missed flight, one cancelled flight debacle), but I'm here, my family is recovering from the stress and lack of sleep, and I've got some new beers to try. Have a good night, everyone!

IMG_20170626_223915_2.jpg

Not a NW IPA, but an Island IPA from Kona Brewing Company today. Actually two as that is what my tankard holds... A very refreshing, fruity ale.

I don't have a Beer Scout yet. I looked to see if one had been made in red bone, doesn't appear so. However, it seems a #15 Crown Lifter was made in Ebony. I may have to seek one out. In the meantime though, my #54 pairs nicely with my tankard and the Klein cap lifter works great!

ns8n9LY.jpg

I don't have a Beer Scout yet. I looked to see if one had been made in red bone, doesn't appear so.

The first year they were produced, there was an SFO blood red sawcut bone model. It was a Soda Scout. If you Google "soda scout red bone", you'll get a bunch of hits.

Last edited:
The first year they were produced, there was an SFO blood red sawcut bone model. It was a Soda Scout. If you Google "soda scout red jigged bone", you'll get a bunch of hits.

Thanks Buzz, I just Googled it, and that is quite the knife, beautiful.

I'll need to be on the lookout for one, should one ever become available.

I enjoy citrusy IPAs and this one surely hits the spot on a warm day. I feel like I need to get a Beer Scout or a Scout in general if I'm going to post here more frequently though. In the meantime, this 'old Barlow will do the trick.

J0KCNxP.jpg

I enjoy citrusy IPAs and this one surely hits the spot on a warm day. I feel like I need to get a Beer Scout or a Scout in general if I'm going to post here more frequently though. In the meantime, this 'old Barlow will do the trick.

J0KCNxP.jpg

I love the Klein opener. I have a similar Craftsman around here somewhere.

J0KCNxP.jpg

Looks like a great combination to me! I tried Citrus Mistress for the first time a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. And that's a sweet Camillus 51. It looks to be in excellent condition. :thumbsup:

I hope (Beer) Scouts aren't perceived as a requirement for participation here. I personally enjoy seeing variety in both the beverages and the blades. Which reminds me, it's been a long time since we've seen any kombucha here... I might have to fix that. ;)

As for me, it felt like another G&T kinda evening and the OD Micarta 14 that has been in my pocket all day did a great job of slicing off a wedge of lime to go with it.

4lLQQmBh.jpg

BTW, Pàdruig, you've got some cool tankards/mugs or whatever the correct term is. Do you collect them?

BTW, Pàdruig, you've got some cool tankards/mugs or whatever the correct term is. Do you collect them

Thank you! I've been known to appreciate unique drinking ware... I especially like tankards and coffee mugs. I even have a drinking horn that I use quite a bit too... I'll wait until I have a horn handled knife to pair it with before I display that guy though ;)

I love the Klein opener. I have a similar Craftsman around here somewhere.

Thank you! I love Klein tools, they make some of the best ones out there (IMO) , seems only fitting that they make a quality cap lifter too.

Last edited:
Had a great trip, just went to fast. I don't have to be to work til Sunday at 10pm though! Here is the two bottles of tequila I bought!

Back