BHQ Para2 black CPM-M4, jade scales

I called bhq to see if I could order another. They said the ones on the site now are from people who tried to be sneaky and order more than 3. They are checking people’s IP address to make sure they didn’t just order under another name. Crazy!

They also wouldn’t let me order another. Haha

Yay! Flippers are douche bags.

Just received. Is my first PM2. First impressions from someone who collects crk, Hinderer, shiro,....midtechs and customs...

This one is stiff. No flicking. No free dropping, perfectly centered, no lock stick. Not overly impressed

Want to like it but if there is no fidget factor with it being stiff, she will be on a USPS truck to a new owner.

What do the experts say? Will it improve as it breaks in to the point it can be flicked or do I need to break it down and lube or adjust the pivot?

In my experience with stiff PM2 or PM3 knives, taking them apart and cleaning out the oil Spyderco applied (preferably with Tuf Glide or a similar CLP), adding CRK grease or some other fine lube, then fine tuning the pivot tension (takes some patience) usually makes them super slick and able to free drop.

I have not yet had a DLC Para so I wonder if that affects it at all...

I love the PM2 platform.
I love M4 blade steel, especially Spyderco's take on it.
I love the natural jade G10

... can't do the black DLC. Every time I look at it the first thing that comes to mind is, 'mint chocolate chip ice cream'. Not knocking the knife, and the coating is probably a win for any sort of humid/damp climate. Spyderco does their coatings really well, too. No reason this knife shouldn't be another stellar release in already what is arguably one of the best folders in history. Just can't get over the color combination.

Haha mint chocolate ice cream! That's funny, I always think Andes mints! :D

I agree with you completely, so I ordered a set of titanium scales to replace the jade. I plan to have them and the liners DLC coated black to have a totally "murdered out" PM2 with my favorite steel!

I'm not a huge fan of the jade either, haven't seen it in person yet though. I'm considering trying my hand at dyeing them.. I'm afraid the jade will look terrible when dirty and they're going to be going on my beater pm2 probably. A dark green may be nice..

Finally got tracking history. It's in Salt Lake. I'll get mine Monday.

My M4 DLC PM2 was scheduled for delivery today, but I received a strange delivery failure alert: “Delivery attempted - No access to delivery location”. I live in a house rather than an apartment complex. It’s not a gated community or anything. There is simply no reason I can understand why the postal delivery person would use this excuse unless a) they attempted for the 3,243rd time to deliver my item to the wrong address or b) they decided they were done for the day and picked an arbitrary reason code so they could deliver it later.

When you’re in the delivery business, it’s mission critical to actually deliver items.

My M4 DLC PM2 was scheduled for delivery today, but I received a strange delivery failure alert: “Delivery attempted - No access to delivery location”. I live in a house

A good friend of mine just had the same thing happen.
Mine was supposed to of arrived on Friday.
But it arrived today before his.:D

As of right now, he is hunting down the Postman
who used the same excuse

Mine were also supposed to arrive today. For the last two days my tracking just days it's in transit to the next facility. Seems like an awful long "transit" from one facility to the next. o_O

My M4 DLC PM2 was scheduled for delivery today, but I received a strange delivery failure alert: “Delivery attempted - No access to delivery location”. I live in a house rather than an apartment complex. It’s not a gated community or anything. There is simply no reason I can understand why the postal delivery person would use this excuse unless a) they attempted for the 3,243rd time to deliver my item to the wrong address or b) they decided they were done for the day and picked an arbitrary reason code so they could deliver it later.

When you’re in the delivery business, it’s mission critical to actually deliver items.

Regarding no access to delivery location:

This could happen for instance if there are roadworks on the route that the mail carrier takes to your location, from wherever he/she is heading out to you! You can always call your local USPS for getting the status message which you are getting, if it's nagging at you.

Mine were also supposed to arrive today. For the last two days my tracking just days it's in transit to the next facility. Seems like an awful long "transit" from one facility to the next. o_O

BHQ used First-Class Mail for free delivery if that's what you selected. This is the nature of the messaging for their First-Class service.

USPS led me on... still says expected delivery today but I'm wise to their deceit, its already dark outside I know I won't hold it today!

Back