Bicycles!

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Lorien, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Two bits of advice for you sir, 1. Buy once Cry once, And don't feel that you have to drop another thousand bucks for a carbon fiber bike frame if your getting the bike for exercise. Take that money saved and use it for a steel or aluminum frame with higher end components.

fatfrog, Big DJ, bluemax_1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Breaking in my new rig!:)
    [​IMG]

Ta2ude, duramax, fatfrog and 7 others like this.
  3. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    :thumbsup:

Odog27 likes this.
  4. fatfrog

fatfrog Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 26, 2019
    Sweet ride! Mine looks very similar. Just rebuilt my brakes but haven't gotten a chance to take it for a spin yet:
    08-Jul-2020 2-59-25 PM.jpg

duramax, Night Rider, Odog27 and 3 others like this.
  5. Night Rider

Apr 16, 2018
    Clean ride you got there. That asymmetrical swing arm is very interesting and looks like it would eliminate chain slap.

bluemax_1 and Odog27 like this.
  6. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tiguy7, fonedork, duramax and 5 others like this.
  7. Night Rider

Apr 16, 2018
    Nice pile you got there Lorien. Is Campagnolo still the Crown Jewel of street bike components? Asking for a road weenie friend.

duramax and Odog27 like this.
  8. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    Dude is that '80s vintage campanello c record?

duramax and Odog27 like this.
  9. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    mid 70s Nuovo Record, '73 I think
    [​IMG]

Odog27, Barman1, duramax and 2 others like this.
  10. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Campy Record has always been "Beautiful" but I've always liked Dura Ace better.
    I built up a Merlin Road in 1992 with full Dura Ace STI. All these years later and over 25000 miles on it, it still works like new.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Odog27 and duramax like this.
  11. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    just put this bad mofo together
    [​IMG]

mpjustin, fonedork, untytled and 6 others like this.
  12. Big DJ

Oct 29, 2013
    That's a beauty. What do you think of the Fox 38?

Odog27 likes this.
  13. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    it's a customer/friend's new bike so I can't say anything about its performance. That said, it's pretty cool. I like the floating axle concept and the air bleed valves can be pretty useful for park day. My DVO Onyx has them and around here they don't get used but for miles of downhill runs it's an easy way to keep the fork supple

Odog27 likes this.
  14. Big DJ

Oct 29, 2013
    I'm riding on a Fox factory 36 Grip 2 and it's amazing. It's hard to believe that they keep upgrading and improving .

Odog27 likes this.
  15. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    'upgrading' and 'improving' is the life blood of the bike industry. A lot of it is hype and bullshit and most riders couldn't tell the difference, to be honest.

Odog27 and Big DJ like this.