Bigfoot - let's hear your true encounters

Tree banging, in a large section of aspen.
Went on for about 20 minutes (as long as we were in that spot), and it was moving around.

Bro-in-law who was with me and I now refer to the location as the home of the ghost knockers.
Been back several times, never repeated.
Denis

I was in the woods and heard alot of coyotes and dogs...
But it could have been Bigfoot practicing his dog and coyote calls.;)

In my country, the northern region is common to Indian legend of a being called Mapinguari (brazilian version of Bigfoot). Many campers reported hearing loud cries and without explanation in some areas of the forest ...

Ans some researchers believe is a prehistoric animal that exist today ..

Bigfoot.jpg
This sign is on the road up to Pike's peak, CO. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Bigfoot.jpg
    Bigfoot.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 29
200 years from now this will still be debated. Thats my prediction.

But the japanese can gm them, they can probably gm a goose to look like bigfoot and then gm the big foot looking goose to glow in the dark

Gm - genetically modify.

lol

But the japanese can gm them, they can probably gm a goose to look like bigfoot and then gm the big foot looking goose to glow in the dark

Gm - genetically modify.

lol

When you speak of genetically modified creatures I can't help but thinking of Gumbercules. (Gumby + Hercules)

If you don't catch the Futurama reference, that's OK. ;)

Found many bear carcasses lately? Beetles and worms and gnawing little rodents will remove the evidence pretty quickly, after the big scavengers are done with it.

They're not uncommon, especially in places where bears live. ;)

Scavengers scarf down the meat, fur, and soft tissue within a few months. Bones and teeth last for years.

Still, I like interesting outdoor stories of the unknown.

So anyone have encounters they can't explain or defines reason? Heard a howl in the middle of the night that sounded like no other. Tree banging in the deep dark woods? Tell the truth :)

If it is unidentified or unexplained, why would you assume it's a big foot? It could be another hiker with a bad case of constipation.

n2s

Nope, can't say I'm sure I have. Scariest moment of camping was in the middle of the night, I heard this really loud scream/screech. Almost sounded like a person screaming, but it was more like a screech, extremely loud, and just scary. Also, it sounded really raw, like someone just trying to make as much noise as they can. Might have been a person, but it was such a strange sound that at first thing I thought of were those unknown creatures, bigfoot, mothman, and what else. Stayed awake for an hour, just scared of each sound, grabbing on to my two knives, and lying there. If big foot does exist, I find it strange that there has never been anything concrete found. People have shot videos, found footprints. Wouldn't there be hair, or something there? It seems highly unlikely that no physical evidence has ever been found, but I suppose it's possible. I'm agnostic about bigfoot I guess.

If it is unidentified or unexplained, why would you assume it's a big foot? It could be another hiker with a bad case of constipation.

n2s

Umm... it seems like The Man has already taken away your imagination.

When I hear someone fire a gun at night, I know he's fending off the zombie apocalypse.
When I hear an animal's high-pitched scream, I think panther instead of fox.
When I hear a stick snap, I know it's a crazed momma-bear and not my own foot.

That is just how I roll. :p

So anyone have encounters they can't explain or defines reason? Heard a howl in the middle of the night that sounded like no other. Tree banging in the deep dark woods? Tell the truth :)

I rarely talk of it but we did see something we could not explain. Before living here in Oklahoma we lived on the Navajo Reservation in Tsaile, Az. Lived in Fort Defiance a while before that but it was when I was in Tsaile living there with the wife on the compound that we had our run in with what the friend with us called the man of the forest. I had an old 1977 Toyota LandCruiser. I bought it in Illinois for the sole purpose of beating the snot out of it in Arizona on the red rock and I did. Best $1700 bucks I've spent on anything with four wheels too but anyway, thinking it would be cool I took the hard top bolts off and hoisted it up on a tree limb. Never could get it back on after four wheelin it so we drove it open top all the time and that is how we were that day. Three of us. Me driving, my friend Wayne one of the natives living in Fort Defiance but visiting and Oni my other Zuni friend. All I can tell you is we turned right after going east a ways toward Navajo, NM. Went toward Lake something high up at 8000 plus feet to the lake itself. As I recall there we lived at 7400 feet in Tsaile so it was not really like it was long to get that much higher but it was dirt, mud, ruts and three stoners from the 60s, one not sure where the hell he was, the other two just having a great time showing off the cliff dwellings and other places not found on any map. We were going to see one that day that I had not seen. We never touched anything, just some photos and a few kind words and we left. Very respectful. Anyway, as we drove higher it really got dense, the wild herd of escaped cattle was running to the one side of the Cruiser and we were top and doorless so we had a grand view of these absolutely huge wild bulls running from us with the herd. Wild horses down a bit further and I knew we were up in some wild places. Wayne told me they got out and they were basically like the rest of the animals now, afraid of man and pretty much 'huntable' as he put it. He said we spooked them or something did. Oni thought it strange that they ran like that from us and he no sooner said that and this thing ran in front of us as we turned a switch back in the road. The bank to my left was seven feet from the road to the next foot hold and I was looking up at it and looking back out straight through the windshield of the Cruiser plain as day was a burnt reddish colored beast with hair and his back to me standing on two legs. Two steps! I shit you not here, two steps leaping up on the second like some kind of basketball dunk master and this thing is up like an acrobat lands on two legs and is out of there just like that. It happened so fast you know? I mean just like that we were like what the F! I started slowing and Wayne quite loudly started going no no no don't stop keep going keep going you don't want to meet him! Just go. So thats what we did. I did not see a face. I never seen no bear jump like that tho! Pretty dang long front paws too now that I think back some. Whatever it was it was everybit the size of the two bears on display in the Anchorage, AK Airport killed by Oklahoma Dentists. One of them was about the same color actually and size and it said it was like 1200 pounds I think. If bears can leap like that they are god awful powerful creatures I can tell you that.

In my country, the northern region is common to Indian legend of a being called Mapinguari (brazilian version of Bigfoot). Many campers reported hearing loud cries and without explanation in some areas of the forest ...

Ans some researchers believe is a prehistoric animal that exist today ..

Hey, I saw that Nat Geo show on monsters; "Beast Hunter" I think?

Supposedly, the mapinguari might be some remnant, surviving pre-historic tree sloth. Scientists think that they only died out ONLY about 10,000 years ago and by geologic time standards, that's like yesterday.

6554350_f248.jpg

Last edited:
I pizzed some touchy types on another forum debunking the yeti myth, tired of it. About the only animal that spooked me at night was a bull in a farmers field. I was a drunk teen aged kid sneaking back to our farm house. The neighbours had a huge old bull which was usually penned. I was half way through the field when I heard his bellow and heard\felt his thundring hooves, in the near pitch black. I ran like burning hell was on my tail, slip slidding in wet cow flops. I bounced right off the wire fencing, sprang up and shot over it. That bull could have been Satan himself and wouldn't have scared me more. Other than that, not much. Heard critters hissing at me while taking a leak by the car at night. I'm an Agnostic and believe in emperical evidence. Show me a carcass and I'll believe that the animal existed. I've never seen a tooth fairy corpse.

Owls, barn owls are friggin scary sounding in the dark. Sound like death coming for you. Neat animals though.

Back