Bill Bagwell Knives

I ordered my first Bagwell yesterday evening after a nice talk with Bill. I want to say thank you to BFs and a special Thank You to J. Paranee because it was your post with his information (and encouraging words about ordering even though I'm a complete stranger) that I first saw a few months ago that allowed me to get on his books. I couldn't be more thrilled for a 3 year wait for my dream bowie! Joe, if you ever find yourself in or traveling to Oregon shoot me an email! I'll take you to my best fishin holes and put you up on the coast! Thanks again! Cheers all! Your friend on the Oregon Coast - Michael G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered my first Bagwell yesterday evening after a nice talk with Bill. I want to say thank you to BFs and a special Thank You to J. Paranee because it was your post with his information (and encouraging words about ordering even though I'm a complete stranger) that I first saw a few months ago that allowed me to get on his books. I couldn't be more thrilled for a 3 year wait for my dream bowie! Joe, if you ever find yourself in or traveling to Oregon shoot me an email! I'll take you to my best fishin holes and put you up on the coast! Thanks again! Cheers all! Your friend on the Oregon Coast - Michael G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind words and I just might take you up on that fishing invitation

We all know I like to fish :)

[video=youtube;JbhqYA73gIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbhqYA73gIw[/video]

Bill is the father of the modern combat Bowie and a dear friend

No one knows proper Bowie Geometry like Bill

Huge congrats

Thank you for the kind words and I just might take you up on that fishing invitation

We all know I like to fish :)

[video=youtube;JbhqYA73gIw]

Bill is the father of the modern combat Bowie and a dear friend

No one knows proper Bowie Geometry like Bill

Huge congrats
JParanee JParanee
Please pardon this off topic reply that is not a reply. I don't know how to contact members I would like to communicate with and wondered if you could help me with this. What I mean is, how would I contact you or another member on blade forums, without using the method I'm currently employing, if I wanted to have a conversation with you? Please excuse this unorthodox method, I've not yet learned how to do what I asked you.

no sir

may I ask why ?
Hi, I hope I wasn't the inadvertent cause of "Larry's" question to you. I was trying to reach you yesterday, but I don't yet know how to contact members directly like Larry contacted you. Still slowly learning how things work on this awesome site. I've read a lot of your posts and you seem to be someone who knows competent, trustworthy Bowie makers and I wanted to ask you a question. If I have accidentally caused you a problem, I apologize wholeheartedly. I did not notice the post through which I was trying to contact you was five years old. Again, I apologize.

When I saw this thread bumped, I was hoping for some more Bagwell photos.
CCOtter CCOtter as a platinum member, you can send Joe a private message using the little letter symbol at the top of your screen.

When I saw this thread bumped, I was hoping for some more Bagwell photos.
CCOtter CCOtter as a platinum member, you can send Joe a private message using the little letter symbol at the top of your screen.
Thank you so very much! At first I thought you meant "little letter symbol" like an "a,b,c,...". Looked closely then realized it was the symbol on the right top side.

Joe's membership is currently expired, he's not able to receive PM's.

Thank you for that information. I won't keep trying to contact him that way. As luck would have it, I was able to speak with Jerry Fisk about a half hour ago and he answered my question admirably.

I KNEW I HAD A BAGWELL!!!!

Finally….pictured with another Master’s work, a Jimmy Fikes Cabin Boy.

Attachments

• 2820222C-C55F-4E1A-96B0-928B679F1415.jpeg
    2820222C-C55F-4E1A-96B0-928B679F1415.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 7F498946-CD6B-4A22-8A36-8B657EF9922D.jpeg
    7F498946-CD6B-4A22-8A36-8B657EF9922D.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 59583CA2-FA6C-46BF-A523-B41DC183D1E9.jpeg
    59583CA2-FA6C-46BF-A523-B41DC183D1E9.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 40
  • C966AE66-E43B-4C72-911B-44398DBBBC87.jpeg
    C966AE66-E43B-4C72-911B-44398DBBBC87.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 6D97EC13-BC45-4C74-8CF3-C560A4F66C64.jpeg
    6D97EC13-BC45-4C74-8CF3-C560A4F66C64.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 30
  • 5E1D8154-5D5D-49DC-A3EF-97390964BDB9.jpeg
    5E1D8154-5D5D-49DC-A3EF-97390964BDB9.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 0FA28C51-B754-43BC-B881-FDDF2B07AB88.jpeg
    0FA28C51-B754-43BC-B881-FDDF2B07AB88.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 30
  • BFFC8480-FE80-44B9-BC04-5CADDB79C482.jpeg
    BFFC8480-FE80-44B9-BC04-5CADDB79C482.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 29
Ah, the latest activity on this thread has caused me to once again look in on this neat exchange. Nice older Bagwell there Dawkind Dawkind ! I thought I would put up for review what I believe is an extremely rare Bill Bagwell knife. I guess that is an oxymoron of a statement since all of Bill's knives are unique! As Bill's followers know, he did have some "standard" patterns that resulted in similar knives, although each was a one-off. Talking with Bill over time -- before his departure from our presence this last February -- he advised that he hadn't made many daggers, so when you find one you have discovered a rarer Bagwell bird. This one is a stag stick-handled 12-in Satan's Lace dagger! Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to ask him about this knife: I would have liked to have gotten his take on this one and why he built it.
- Looking at the blade, I discovered that the profile of the point was essentially identical to many of his fighting bowies. To illustrate this, I have overlapped one of his fighters over the dagger to illustrate this. Again, I very much wish I could have discussed this knife with Bill, but that was not to be.
- At any rate, enjoy! Larry

nffnLnI.jpg

djiWLp8.jpg

pDNwSFr.jpg

Thank you for that information. I won't keep trying to contact him that way. As luck would have it, I was able to speak with Jerry Fisk about a half hour ago and he answered my question admirably.
You can PM me know if needed i fixed my membership

thx

Ah, the latest activity on this thread has caused me to once again look in on this neat exchange. Nice older Bagwell there Dawkind Dawkind ! I thought I would put up for review what I believe is an extremely rare Bill Bagwell knife. I guess that is an oxymoron of a statement since all of Bill's knives are unique! As Bill's followers know, he did have some "standard" patterns that resulted in similar knives, although each was a one-off. Talking with Bill over time -- before his departure from our presence this last February -- he advised that he hadn't made many daggers, so when you find one you have discovered a rarer Bagwell bird. This one is a stag stick-handled 12-in Satan's Lace dagger! Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to ask him about this knife: I would have liked to have gotten his take on this one and why he built it.
- Looking at the blade, I discovered that the profile of the point was essentially identical to many of his fighting bowies. To illustrate this, I have overlapped one of his fighters over the dagger to illustrate this. Again, I very much wish I could have discussed this knife with Bill, but that was not to be.
- At any rate, enjoy! Larry

nffnLnI.jpg

djiWLp8.jpg

pDNwSFr.jpg
simply amazing!

Back