Bill Bagwell Knives

I actually never think at all as for beautiful. Bill made me that knife because he knew I wanted one of his knives for what it can do and what it can endure. I would have had him make me one had it been chartreuse with paisley stripes, and he knows it. He knows some still buy his knives as weapons, weapons a man can trust.

Last edited:
That's why it's beautiful .
It's beauty is more then skin deep

Most men today aren't fit for such weapons ;) sadly

That's why it's beautiful .
It's beauty is more then skin deep

Most men today aren't fit for such weapons ;) sadly

Edit to include myself

Not too long ago, I learned of Bill Bagwell after seeing a Hell's Belle for the first time. Mirror finish blade with a dark brown coffin handle. It was through a series of YouTube videos where Bill himself discussed his shop, sharpening, point & back cut, etc.
Although I have a real Gil Hibben Rambo III, I also have a Bowie that somewhat resembles it which I carry daily IWB with a frog. I had found his number accidentally on Mike Sastre's website. All I wanted was for him to sharpen the clip and put a razor primary on it. I never thought someone of his stature would even entertain such a thing but he did and it is coming home to me real soon. Now, all I want is a Hell's Belle just like the one I saw first with a Mike Sastre Southern Comfort sheath. Just the thought that Bill Bagwell took the time to work on my knife will make me proud to own it. He is a true gentleman.

If someone can post a close picture of the tip of bagwell's knives it will be great.
I couldn't understand what bill was talking about, when he pointed that the tip should sharpend around so it will slice, and not niddle sharp.

Why it will slice better when it sharpened around??

Thanks, and sorry for my broken english..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bills bowers have a point but they are not needle pointy

Those types of very pointy tips break etc

I will post a pic when I get home

Thanks a lot..
I can't understand what "niddle sharp" is.. Does the CS Laredo (that's the one I own..) has that "niddle sharp" tip?
And again, why the Bagwells method tips are slicing better ?

Thanks a lot..
I can't understand what "niddle sharp" is.. Does the CS Laredo (that's the one I own..) has that "niddle sharp" tip?
And again, why the Bagwells method tips are slicing better ?

Bills tips are certainly done correctly for a Bowie styled knife or and large blade knif/sword that might be used with force etc

Bill really layed down alot of the groundwork for modern combat high performance style Bowie knives starting with.

Being a huge proponent of radical distal taper , sharpened clips etc.

Certain style tips and edges work better on different applications

A small caper can have a needle point ..... Anything used for detail work but a knife meant to use hard and big enough to add leverage to the equation and a needle point spells a broken tip or bent tip

I always look at the tip on the knife and I admire a maker that puts that needle point so precisely but on a Bowie or sword or any other big blade I just shake my head because it shows the maker does not understand or think the piece will be used

Here is a Bagwell Tip

You can see there is a defined point but it in not fine as in delicate

It has a lot of steel behind it and it is sharpened with a convex edge

The Cold Steel Laredo is a great prouduction knife and it has a more finite (done by a Machine) tip

Hope this helps

Thank you very very.. Very much!!
Very appreciate that

Do you think I can achive this type of tip on my Laredo with a sharpening stone ?

Thank you very very.. Very much!!
Very appreciate that

Do you think I can achive this type of tip on my Laredo with a sharpening stone ?

I would not intentionally round out the tip on your knife but as you use it and sharpen it work toward the tip you desire

Snagged this early MS stamped Fighter, hell for stout, razor sharp, original sheath.....6" blade, over 5/16" across the spine at the guard.
9cd4512a921f654ac346ae04b501f30e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's really nice. I'd love a bowie but could convince myself a Fighter is almost practical.

Last edited:
that's a very nicely designed knife

Back