BK62

Ethan hopes Xmas release but more than likely after the holiday.
Works for me. I probably won't have the money until after Christmas.

The plunge line is at an angle on the 62, was it like that on the original? Kinda sorta hard to tell.

Ya'll called this one in the other thread!

I had to look up Mr. Kephart, (I missed that day in school, fishing was excellent).

Dave Canterbury seems to like it. If we could get just 5% of his following to buy it, Becker's in general would gain so much popularity.
I hope this happens. Dave has a huge YouTube presence, and a large number of people take his classes. If he shills for this knife even close to what he did for the Garberg, this could be quite the winfall for Kabar.

Looks like the original was straight, from the pics taken at the museum:
Wonder why the slanted plunge on the 62? Perhaps so it's not an exact duplicate.

Most Becker grinds are curved, so it probably has to do with Ka-bar's equipment.

Edit to add- if he adds a Nessmuck and a Hudson Bay with similar fit and finish, for a more traditional line, Iโ€™d be flat terrified if I were LT.

i'm sorry, Ethan flat out told me once, no Nessmuk ever, period. if he did that, it's like i don't even know him ;)

Comparison shot, new, and original:

looks like the the top model has a bit of recurve on the grind? i hope that's just an illusion

i've held the bottom one, for some hours. i have a strong personal feel for it. a great piece of history.

i do rather like Dan Eastman model i have. it's done proper.

i'm sorry, Ethan flat out told me once, no Nessmuk ever, period. if he did that, it's like i don't even know him ;)
Thought you were too busy chopping down trees to be the loop anymore?

I like the idea of a โ€œtraditionalโ€ line from Kabar. Howโ€™s aboot them releasing a special edition slipjoint that one could pair up with this? Then they can talk Ethan into releasing a Nessie pattern later on...:) Kind of a โ€œknives through historyโ€ series? That would be the ultimate end goal in my make believe world.

looks like the the top model has a bit of recurve on the grind? i hope that's just an illusion

i've held the bottom one, for some hours. i have a strong personal feel for it. a great piece of history.

i do rather like Dan Eastman model i have. it's done proper.
Hard to tell. The 62 in the photo is slightly slanted, laying on a sheath. The old Kep is the one I cut out from the old photos you posted for Ethan. and resized the photo to fit. The old kep is more straight on in the photo.

Back