Blade 2005 Preview!

I'll have this at blade-This is my newest, largest and slimest auto. I wanted it to look like a folding fillet knife, although I doubt that one would ever use it to fillet fish. Fully fileworked backbar in the form a of a rope. Fully fileworked liners and screws. The front and rear bolsters have been heat colored blue and also have the screws hidden for a cleaner look. The latch is also damascus and there is a goldlip pearl inlay on the inside of the backbar. The liners have been anodized bronze and the screws heat colored gold. Great action and "money Click".

Knife Info
Full Length 10-1/4 inches
Blade Length 5 inches
Blade Material Delbert Ealy Cheetah Pattern Damascus
Handle Material Black Buffalo Horn
Bolsters/Guard Chris Marks Mosaic Damascus
Completion Date 5/7/2005

Image_Knife.asp

Hey Nick, don't sell out before I get to handle some of your knives. :p :D I'm looking forward to seeing your work. ;)
Scott

Well, I'm sure looking forward to meeting BOTH of you! ;) :eek: :D

Thanks to all who have posted up pics - much appreciated! :)

Here's an early peek at Mike Williams' table. I'll let my bias show an lead with my personal favorite, a signature Williams bowie. This one is 12 inches of forged 01, stainless fittings with an ironwood handle. "Old Washington " pattern - supersized. ;) Yeah baby.

orig.jpg

Next is a Hotshot ...4 1/4 inch blade of 1084 with thuya burl handle. SS fittings and sharp clip.

orig.jpg

And finally a Quachita Hunter - 4 inch blade of 01 with SS fittings and Azelia Lay wood handle.

orig.jpg

Roger

How about a little change of pace with a sword from one of the very best bladesmiths out there - Bailey Bradshaw.

orig.jpg

This one is called the "Swallow" as that is the theme of the fitings. The blade shape is called Kogarasu-maru, and is double edged for half it's length of 23". It also has a grove, or "hi" on both sides. The blade is forged from 10 layers of 1084 and 5160, fully hardened (no hamon). It is an experimental mix for sword blades, and won't produce much of a temper line. The fittings are textured copper, tsuba is damascus, habaki is sterling silver. the saya (sheath) is dark blue base coat, with swallows in flight done in gold, silver and copper leaf, than about 12 coats of clear. The fittings on the saya are buffalo horn.

The tsuka (handle) is poplar with stingray skin inder silk wrap.

As Bailey tells it: "It's a loud blade when cutting. It makes a loud "whoosh" when it is swung. I have made my family sort of nervous with it. :) Good to keep them alert!!"

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Cheers,

Roger

This is my first damasteel knife, it will be on my table at Blade. 416SS bolsters dovetailed, 24K Gold Plated Screws, stabilized redwood burl handle.

hunter-b-dama.jpg

Sean

I'll bet that sword will make a loud "whoosh" sound as it gets scooped up quickly by some lucky early bird.

I will be attending the show for the first time this year. It will also be my first US show so I am excited to say the least.

I have decided that i will not reserve any of my knives beforehand to give everybody a fair chance at my table. I expect to have 15 folders, 10-15 fixedblades and a Balisong as well as a bunch of various neckers and wallet/pocket knives.

Here is 4 of the knives I am going to bring:

Mofo framelock with bolster/camo fibermascus

1.JPG

Mini Amok framelock with black/red G10 that has been shadowboxed.

2.JPG

Rocklobster Framelock with Orange/Black G10

3.JPG

Amok with bolster and denim fibermascus...shadowboxed.....

4.JPG

Jens, it will be good to meet you firsthand. I have enjoyed our long-distance friendship. I'm at 14H.

Great pics there, guys. I wish you all a very profitable show. Fortunately or unfortunately, it won't be at the expense of my wallet, as I won't make it to the show. Another time maybe...

The talent here is amazing. Makers are remarkable and if you don't give yourself a pat on the back I will. Awesome.

This is our gentlemans version of the pocket razel. our first use of damasteel
I think it's five twist , it and the other 2 that follow will be at blade, our table
is, 15D.

5/32 Damasteel
3'' blade
7'' overall
mammoth ivory
will have an alligator pocket sheath

knives271.jpg

This is our version of the kerambit, We call it the kerazel

3/16 S30V
3'' blade
8'' overall
one in blue twill G10 , one in giraffe bone.

knives273.jpg

About time you had a not so good picture in the mix. Here it is......

I've been working on getting a few hawks together for Blade. This is my favorite. It was hand forged from a piece of W-1 jackhammer bit steel. The head is 9" with just over a 3" cutting edge. I forged a diamond spike on it but it was just to wide so I turned it into an octagon. Its got a curley maple haft. The knife is one I finished up last week. The blade was forged out of a piece of L-6 and its 5 1/4". Wrought iron fiting with a figured piece of maple for the handle. 11" overall.
PDRM1287.JPG

Good lookin knives guys. Thanks Roger, good thread.
I haven't had time to take any photos lately but did manage to get these.
First is a folding bowie, ABS tactical, 5 1/2'' W1 blade, 1084 bolsters, walnut scales and titanium liners, liner lock, special order to customer's specs.
Second is a stag bowie with 12 1/2'' W2 blade, 5'' handle and SS fittings. Third is a walnut handle bowie with a 11'' W2 blade, carbon steel fittings, 5'' handle. I will have a couple of surprises also for Blade. See ya'll there.

Don Hanson lll sunfishforge.com

Back