Blade 2005 Preview!

joeshredd said:
....I'm no fan of stag or antler.....

Gasp.... sputter... choke.... SAY WHAT?!?! :eek: Pure heresy I say !!!! :mad:

Joe, if you ever happen upon a stag supply similar to the one Fisk appears to have found, please let me be the first to know - I'll be happy to relieve you of the stuff! ;)

Roger

P.S. - Just yankin' your chain buddy. :p

ROTF!!!! Roger, I have to admit I never really liked stag... until a couple of years ago when I got my first piece with some on it from Todd Begg... Now I've got a really nice piece of Red Stag from Jason Cutter in Australia, too, so I have to admit I do come a cross a piece every now and again with some stag that I do take a fancy to - And that piece by Jerry is one! :D
But, if I ever do come across some nice pieces, I'll keep ya in mind! LOL!!!

Here's a special group from Lin Rhea - his JS test knives! The observant will note that there is one too many - Lin wisely crafted a back-up piece, just in case.

orig.jpg

Roger

Man there has been some great looking knives posted!
Here are some of my knives I will have at blade:
standard.jpg

This one is has a 12 1/2" W-2 blade.

standard.jpg

1084/15N20 Damascus and sheephorn

standard.jpg

1084/15N20 damascus and sambar stag

standard.jpg

This is a 1/2 scale version of a bowie style that I make.

I hope to have a few more finished up by the show.

I look forward to seeing everyone. Stop by my table at 18-P.

Craig

You guys may want to sit down for this one - a sampling of the offerings of Montana bladesmith Ed Caffrey:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

:eek: :eek: :D
Cheers,

Roger

I know I'm not the only one who has been eagerly awaiting Dan Farr's offerings. Here are a few:

Fighter and camp knife:

orig.jpg

Underside of fighter handle with gold inlay:

orig.jpg

Competition cutter with ray skin inlay:

orig.jpg

Cheers,

Roger

Dan asked me if I could photo that fighter at Blade. No, I can't make it there with (4) other conflicts that weekend. (Does EVERYTHING in the world have to be scheduled on the first weekend in June??!!!! :mad: :( )

Few pieces would have me quite as excited as that one. :D

Great thread!

Coop

I like those Dan Farr, but I think I like 'em better without the groove.

Y'all keep posting, please. I'm having a good ol' time marking off tables on the map that came in Blade. (of course, trouble is, that I'm marking off so many tables that I'll never have time....

I see lots of great looking knives that are going to the Blade show. I will be there at table 20-P, I think. Looks like a big show this year and is always busy. Here are a couple of folders and a small fighter that I'm taking.
Jody

Attachments

• auto05bladesmaller.jpg
    auto05bladesmaller.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 41
  • autoB05bladesmaller.jpg
    autoB05bladesmaller.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 48
  • LambersonAsmaller.jpg
    LambersonAsmaller.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 68
Here's a large camp/survival knife that I'll also have at Blade.1/4" by 1 3/4" 5160, convex grind, maroon linen micarta scales. 13 1/2" overall

campbeast.jpg

Scott

Here's a look at some of the bladware that will be gracing the table of Ron Newton.

First, a shoot'n Newton. A .17 cal. blackpowder slip joint folder with mosaic damascus pearl and 24 kt. gold accents. As Rondescribes it, "You can shoot your field mouse and skin it all with the same knife."

orig.jpg

Next, a1084 Sendero-style stag hunter with nickel silver trim, and dual sheaths. A silver sheath for dress and a leather sheath for serious business. Way cool. :cool:

orig.jpg

This next one is pretty special. A trick function double blade antique repro auto. Mammoth ivory, sterling silver bolsters and mosaic damascus blades with 24 kt. gold inlayed ricasso borders. Coin edged liners and 24 kt. gold accents on backsprings. Velvet lined maple presentation case. Main dagger blade length is 4-3/8".

orig.jpg

Cheers,

Roger

Razorback - Knives said:
Here's a large camp/survival knife that I'll also have at Blade.1/4" by 1 3/4" 5160, convex grind, maroon linen micarta scales. 13 1/2" overall

campbeast.jpg

Scott

Did you have that one at the Westminster show?

These aren't as fancy as a lot of the knives in this thread, but I'll have them at my table at Blade.....

46969202-5df6-020001CF-.jpg

Man-O-War frame-lock with a 4" long, hand rubbed S30V blade and black G-10 "3-piece-suit" overlays.

--------------------

46969186-7753-01EB0200-.jpg

Mohawk Warrior frame-lock with a 4" long, hand rubbed S30V blade and Moon-Glow "3-piece-suit" overlays.

--------------------

46943550-977c-020001E6-.jpg

Mohawk Warrior frame-lock with a 4" long selectively etched S30V blade and stabilized giraffe bone "3-piece-suit" overlays.

--------------------

46943551-2f34-02000196-.jpg

The reverse side, showing the "3-piece-suit" overlay configuration.

These all have my custom made 440C pivots, 440C stop pins, titanium screw collars, titanium back spacers, etc. :)

Almost forgot.... I'll be delivering this one at 2005 Blade, as well:

47788160-922f-01800200-.jpg

47788162-a722-01D70200-.jpg

Thrush inset lock folder with 3" Eggerling damascus blade, Timascus® overlays, titanium pivot collars, and sterling silver bail.

Beautiful knives! I'm disappointed I won't be able to go...nothing new for me though, I'm still waiting to go to my first show :).

I have to say Caffrey's damascus is outstanding, really impressive.

Thanks for posting the photos guys.

Matt

Next up we'll take a look at some of the knives made by John Martin - a very talented bladesmith who will be testing for his MS stamp at the show.

I somehow managed to miss meeting up with John at the last Spirit of Steel show in Dallas, but I did get to waive around a really awesome cutlass that he had made, whoch ended winning an award at the show. I'm looking forward to meeting John and checking out these knives in person:

First is a 6 1/2" spear point dirk O1-L6 628 layers, 11.5" OAL, Giraffe bone handle, 416 stainless steel guard.

orig.jpg

Next is a Cowboy Bowie 6 5/8" blade, O1 steel 11 1/8" OAL, Sambar stag handle, nickle silver fittings.

orig.jpg

Here's a real nice 4 3/4" Utility/Hunter O1-L6 steel 416 layers, 9 3/8" OAL, Sheep horn handle, 416 stainless steel guard.

orig.jpg

This hunter features 251 layers of O1/L6/1084 steel, 4.5" blade, 9" OAL, Fossil ivory handle, nickle silver guard.

orig.jpg

And finally, a classic hunter in O1 steel, 4 1/4" blade, 9" OAL, ironwood handle, nickle silver guard.

orig.jpg

Cheers,

Roger

PS - my thanks to all the makers who have posted up their knives - much appreciated - keep 'em coming!

Guys - thanks for posting all the pics. This has to be one of my favorite threads of the year. Just in this thread, I see the $$ equivalent of a new car in knives I'd like to own. Guess I can always take the bus to work :D

Back