Blade 2005 Preview!

Ray,

Both hawk and knife look terrific and make a great pair together.

Don,

Awesome work as always - that's a new (to me, anyway) bowie profile from you - I like it - very slick and pointy. And that is as nice a piece of walnut as I have ever seen grace a bowie. :)

Roger

I like the folder a lot, Don. Are those part of your JS test? I noticed - no damascus... ;)

Joss said:
I like the folder a lot, Don. Are those part of your JS test? I noticed - no damascus... ;)
Hi Joss, yes JS knives, no damascus :( :p I'm pleased with these and have a couple more to finish up that I think are nicer, should be a good show.

Thanks Roger.

Don

Don,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your JS stamp. You will have no problem passing and I wouldn't be suprised if you win the George Peck award.

Your work is above JS level, so this is just a formality.

Here are a couple that I'll have at Blade. The blade steel is Delbert Ealy "Bear" pattern. The bolsters are Spirograph, that I fire blued. 18 K Gold thumb stud.

The clip point blade is S30V.

A.T.

Attachments

• pix237.jpg
    pix237.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 67
  • pix237a.jpg
    pix237a.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 29
  • pix237b.jpg
    pix237b.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 26
  • pix236.jpg
    pix236.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 35
Here's another knife with a very short anticipated table-life: it's from Mike Ruth - 6 1/2" damascus blade, stainless steel fittings and stag handle. Sweet!

orig.jpg

And a second, equally drool-worthy stag / damascus bowie (though this one is probably spoken for):

orig.jpg

Roger

That is a neat piece from Ruth... any chance of a pic of the whole thing? That one is so very close to the core of my collection... Man, am I ever jealous of you guys! :grumpy: It looks like it'll be another show to remember!

Good luck to you all!

Here you go Reggie:

1) 10" blade of 1080 carbon steel and 15 3/4" overall with a sharpened clip. It has curly maple on the handle,nickle silver ferrule and comes with a Kenny Rowe sheath.

orig.jpg

2) Damascus hunter, n/s ferrule ,stag handle

orig.jpg

That chopper looks awesome!

Cheers,

Roger

P.S. - joe - the Ruth pic that I am seeing shows the whole knife - if you can't see it for some reason drop me a line and I will e-mail it to you.

Thanks for the offer, but apparently this time when I logged in I got the whole thing, and the other one shows, too...

Too wierd, when I asked that Q, the second knife wasn't there and I could only see the blade of the first one... Oh well, computers are nothing more than voodoo to me! :D

That aside, Both of those by Ruth come close to fitting in my collection - dang, another maker to keep an eye out for and once again, he's on the Eastern seaboard... I'm gonna hafta take me another road trip again... :cool:

Here is another katana!!

28 1/2" of forged W-2, gunome hamon with utsuri. The tsuka is 12" long. Fittings are heat colored copper for the fuchi, kashira, koiguchi, kurikata and semegane. The saya is black laquer with many coats of clear. The tsuka is wrapped in katate-maki style, or commonly known as battle wrap with black laquered rayskin underneath. The menuki are the only parts I didn't make, and are Shi Shi, or Lion dogs. The tsuba is stainless damascus.

Roger thanks for the help I seem to just get red x's when I try that but I keep saying after this show i'm going to learn how to post pictures.
Reggie

Here’s an update on Fisk’s table:

First, a midsized damascus Southwest bowie. Engraving to follow:

orig.jpg

Next, a carbon steel Sendero with stag and “chain of fools” engraving on guard and pins:

orig.jpg

And here’s a second look at that awesome Damascus boar knife, with the shell now having been scroll-engraved with 24k gold inlayed border:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Cheers,

Roger

Good Lord, Roger...
That last one of Jerry's is stunning! I'm no fan of stag or antler, but on that piece I don't think I could imagine anything else! And that scratchin' of Jerry's is just getting better! Beautiful piece! :eek:

Back