Blade 2012

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Murray White, Jun 8, 2012.

1. RogerP

RogerP

Feb 28, 2002
    Congrats to Steve on winning the draw - couldn't go to a nicer guy.

Roger

2. EScott

EScott

Jan 1, 2010
    Murray it's always a pleasure to see you at the show. Dlisch is right this thread helps me see all I missed. It is hard to stand behind the table and do your job with so much talent around you. We had a great show and I am sorry you did not get to see more of my blades.

Scott

3. BrianThie

BrianThie

Jun 18, 2007
    Great visual report Murray. Thanks for taking the time it is much appreciated.

Brian

4. rane-dig

rane-dig

Dec 6, 2005
    Murry, I found the image on the left side to be quite well balanced. You gotta get your head out of that view finder every now and then;)

5. Mace

Mace

Apr 8, 2003
    Great tour of the show Murry...Thanks!
    Mace

6. Murray White

Murray White

Feb 17, 1999
    Robert - the blanks are water cut and then hand ground and I believe he has about 5 helpers doing the handles etc but I'm sure Ricardo will expand when he reads the thread.

7. fisk

fisk National Living Treasure & Subject Matter Expert Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 31, 1999
    Robert, I know those knives Ricardo is making for the military is tough. I have used one hard around here and abused it and it still keeps cutting. One of the tests it did to pass military muster down there was cutting steel water pipe in half.

Murray, the show is larger than I remember or you went out and starting gathering up people. Thanks for all of that hard work you did.

8. Marcel54

Marcel54

Jul 30, 2005
    Murray, thanks for the great reportage. Hope to be there next year......I can hardly wait.

Marcel

9. manix J

manix J

Dec 11, 2005
    murray, I was at blade and missed so much...thanks for posting

10. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    I was there also and didn't see a third of what Murray posted! :eek:

Thanks Murray!!!

11. canineforge

canineforge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Murray, it was a pleasure seeing you and Phyllis again. I admire your love of custom knives and the depths you will go to bring it home to others. Plus, being an outstanding ambassador for the CKCA. :thumbup:

Thanks for the great thread and all you do.

- Joe

12. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    this is pretty damn cool.

13. Ed Fowler

Ed Fowler

Jul 21, 2001
    Thanks for sharing the show through your lens and knowledge Murray. I just got to see the show for the first time, great job!

14. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones

Oct 28, 2006
    Boy I missed a lot, however glad I was at least able to be there on Thursday night.
    Murray, thanks for the looks. Even if I didn't see many knives, I got a chance to see and
    visit with a lot of my knife pals. That's so much about what it's all about.

15. RL

RL

Aug 24, 1999
    thanks Murray and fisk..i'll have to take a closer look at those...

RL

16. PhilL

PhilL

Oct 1, 1999
    Outstanding job!
    Thank you Murray.

17. Murray White

Murray White

Feb 17, 1999
    Lorien -- I thought it was kewl too! I spoke to Brian and hope he will have one available for me at the next CKG show in 2013 as I'm not in a rush unless he contacts me sooner of course. I don't normally collect tactical but this goes beyond the tactical and enters the art knife realm so I will find a spot to display it. I guess after being responsible for Brian getting into making knives many years ago that it is time either he made something I really like or I finally found something he makes that I can't do without as he has done many knives I have liked over the years.

18. efleming

efleming

Jun 6, 2007
    Thank you Murray. You caught more in this thread than I saw in person over 3 days!

19. John White

John White

Jun 23, 2007
    Murray,

Thanks for the review. Like too many others, I saw way less from behind the table than you're bringing back to us all here.

Thanks, and what great fun seeing you, yourself, again.

John

20. v-man

v-man

Jan 20, 2001
    As stated by others. You did a great job and I really enjoyed reading this thread. Every year I say that I'm going take more pictures and every year I don't do it. Oh well maybe I will next year.

Thanks again
    V