Blade-fondlers

Heck, I do it in public too, if I get bored I pull out whatever I have and open,close,open,close,open,close

My new CRKT m16-14zsf desert is in my palms right now, it's a beast.
It's comparable to a pocket machete.

I got a BK7 and can't stop playing with it. It feels so damn good, light and nimble, plus it's absolutely wicked looking.

I love it. Beautiful and comfortable handle, with a blade profile I like a lot (I have a Mark Wohlwend neck knife with a similar profile. It's great for carving/whittling). Fletcher is a great designer.

The Fletcher pocket kilo is surprisingly beefy; it's really not a secondary knife like a necker might be and it's not much in the way of a "pocket" anything, it's actually just a short primary knife. I wear it on a belt.

Dylan makes some great knives, I really want one, but they are down the list from the stuff I want REALLY bad.

Moose

I'm also guilty of doing the blade fondling,sometimes when I'm driving I whip out whatever knife I'm carrying that day but I was thinking that it's not safe playing with a knife while driving,you'll never know when a car hits you out of no where and then you could accidently stab yourself.

Welcome to Bladeforums and the Kabar forum, CalBearTactical.

Yeah, I stopped doing that in the car, too. Just the thought makes me nervous. Whenever else I can, though, is fair game. :D

Thatotherguy, nice choice.

BRL, I'm still jealous of your Fletcher. :D

You should be, bud. And someday when I've also got a bush operator and hopefully his pitdog design, then you can be more jealous :D

The funny thing, though, is that with the mountain of new steel I got over the last little while its my BK7 that has me the most enthralled.

I catch myself doing this a lot too. I'll just reach over and grab my BK2. It just feels so darn good in the hand. Lately I also finding myself fiddling with my newest edc blade, a Bark River micro tusk.

Awesome! It has a good heft for such a small knife. It feels very solid. I'd been carrying the AG Russel Woodswalker, and I liked it, but this is definitely something else.

anybody else ever read forsyth's the dogs of war? i did years ago and immediately got me a strop that i cut down into a arm band size with snaps(a character in the book had it,sounded fun,it is) so now i sit with my strop leather around my fist,stropping my knives when i'm watching tv or i flip a bali-song or work a folder.flip a little,strop a little,thumb the edge,strop a little more,flip some more,pluck a hair off someone(ouch! excuse me,gotta test this edge)make a fuzzy stick from the hair(maliciously grinning as their eyes get big), strop a little more,open/closed/open/closed. wonder if this is why people move away from me at the movies?

I do that on my boottops. People have even threatened to call the cops, then I offer to sharpen their kitchen knives for free. Repeat customers.

Back