Blade Forums Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife 2021)

cgXtKPT.jpg

9QUrTIe.jpg

p3x3quJ.jpg
Beautiful photos Dan. 😎👍

I got out all of my previous forum knives for and inspection and joint oiling today. @T. Erdelyi used to post a picture of all the previous knives every year, however, I couldn't see that he had this year. I am missing the first four years, but, have them all from 2010 on.

View attachment 1683799View attachment 1683800

That's a great collection! I wished I'd been around in 2014 and 2016. Those are the only two I really would enjoy using, I think.

Beautiful photos Dan. 😎👍
Gracias Todd :)
The weather is getting cold now and there was a bit of a drizzle at times but my wife and I managed to get out for a little fresh air ( and the pics I wanted with my BF knife too lol ;) )

I then spend the evening pampering my BF knife to the best edge I could give it.

Strapped to the "Leading Edge" sharpening system.
I decided to go with a 17 degrees bevel. Quick touch ups when needed will be done on the Sharpmaker at 20 degrees.

EzEER37.jpg

0O86XFH.jpg

Peek-a-boo :D

H0lTtsZ.jpg

First time I was able to whittle hair :)

shXKlj3.jpg

3W7h86V.gif

The weather is getting cold now and there was a bit of a drizzle at times but my wife and I managed to get out for a little fresh air ( and the pics I wanted with my BF knife too lol ;) )

I then spend the evening pampering my BF knife to the best edge I could give it.

I decided to go with a 17 degrees bevel. Quick touch ups when needed will be done on the Sharpmaker at 20 degrees.

EzEER37.jpg

0O86XFH.jpg

H0lTtsZ.jpg

shXKlj3.jpg

3W7h86V.gif
Nice work mate. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Can you tell what the original bevel was from the factory.

Nice work mate. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Can you tell what the original bevel was from the factory.

I did not measure it but it was only marginally steeper, max 20 degrees.
I was able to very quickly raise a burr so the reprofiling went fast :thumbsup:
The bevel at 17 degrees is thinner than on a few of my other knives, ... looks like the blade geometry is nice and thin behind the edge.
A great slicer :thumbsup:

I did not measure it but it was only marginally steeper, max 20 degrees.
I was able to very quickly raise a burr so the reprofiling went fast :thumbsup:
The bevel at 17 degrees is thinner than on a few of my other knives, ... looks like the blade geometry is nice and thin behind the edge.
A great slicer :thumbsup:
Thanks mate, the only reason i asked was i have kept the original bevel on my 2 GEC's and they are 21 degrees, so i was just curious.:)

EzEER37.jpg

0O86XFH.jpg

H0lTtsZ.jpg

shXKlj3.jpg

3W7h86V.gif
C'mon Dan! You are making my sharpening stones feel inadequate. Nicely done!

Back