• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Blade HQ Integrity

Has anyone here used Blade HQ before. Are the items they sell the genuine article? How are they for shipping and customer service? If anybody knows or has bought anything from them, please comment. I want to buy the spyderco spyderfly with the g-10 scales or the bradley kimura IV.

I buy from them once in a while. They are great to deal with. Based out of the Salt Lake area. I have had no problems and i have heard of nothing bad about them on the forum.

I bought from them once. They're located just about an hour and a half south of me. Simple, straight forward purchase. I bought a Meycerco/Kirby Lamber Shockwave. I was impressed with everything overall and wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

I have purchased from them several times. I have never had a problem. Deal with confidence. :thumbup:

They deliver the goods but they also raise the price (over $50 bucks on the knife I'm thinking of) on knives that are popular and in limited supply.

You asked about integrity so that is why I mention it. They jacked the price up to make more money and I didn't see any other store do that.

I asked them to check the blade centering on my BM 480-1 Shoki and it arrived perfectly centered:thumbup:.

Please read the simple rules in the stuck thread at the top of General.

It is not the place for this type of post.

The point is to keep the discussions there on the subject of knives.

It is not the place for who sells what and how good are they.

Kinda simple rules and the reasons for them are obvious.

Kumbaya.

I ordered a FFG Delica recently from them and the shipping was speedy.

Last edited:
I got a Kimura from their Bladeplay sister company. Shipping was fast.

They're excellent. I've ordered from them probably half a dozen times and will continue to do so.

i think the owner of BladeHQ is also member of Bladeforums. They are very reliable.

He is, and they are.

Never seen any really negative comment on them.

Tend to have a good selection for items not readily available elsewhere (like autos).
I've bought from them in the past and most likely will again.

Prices are generally comptetitive and if one seems too high, a phone call might solve that.
As to raising prices on scarce items, I don't doubt that at all. I'm actually amazed by some of the dealers who don't do it....amazed, but happy to buy and do return business.

Only minor thing they do that annoys me slightly is make a kind of a big deal about "free shipping" on the sister Bladeplay site. Normally BP carries the somewhat lower end items but there are quite a few that are sold on both HQ and BP and the prices on BP are higher (about the cost of shipping)....so its kinda sorta not free at all.
Business is business, but it just doesn't seem to fit the overall integrity of the company.....but shipping is such a big deal (and deal breaker) for some folks I can't really fault them.
In fairness, when I've placed a decent size order (~200-300) BladeHQ waived the shipping charge with me not even having to ask.

I've also seen several examples of the owner bending over backwards to make the customer happy...even when the customer seemed totally unreasonable...that says a lot about them.

Bottom line +1 :thumbup:

They are an excellent company to deal with. Buy with confidence.:thumbup:

BladeHQ is my favorite vendor to buy from. They will personally inspect items, shipping is quick, communication is good, and the selection is nice. :thumbup:

I bought my Breakout from them, probably going to order a Microtech OTF soon as well. They ship fast and the price was right.
:thumbup:

I bought my Breakout from them, probably going to order a Microtech OTF soon as well. They ship fast and the price was right.
:thumbup:

I've also bought from them as well, no problems. Customer service is good, they have a large selection too. On another note, I didn't know that they sold automatics to non LEO/Military people. Some stores do not and will not sell automatics without providing a DNA samples, as well as full body scan.

Back