BLADE SHOW ’11 – Show us what you got; Please!

Here comes tree more from mee to the Blade Show.

First LongBow

Redy5.jpg

Atlantic

Atlantic1.jpg

Stealth

Stealth.jpg

See you all there!

carlMichael

After a few weeks of long nights I am finished making knives for the blade show. I have a couple more that I have not posted so you'll have to stop by my table 5-E to see them.
Thanks for looking,
Chuck

Image_Bonus.asp

Image_Bonus.asp

Image_Bonus.asp

Image_Bonus.asp

Image_Bonus.asp

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

Finished the big one yesterday. As you can see, I'm no Jim Cooper! Got to get this one shot professionally because I can't get all the details or the shadows in the hamon. It's W2 with my best hamon to date, wrought iron and bronze, and turkish walnut burl. Wheeler is right, blades like this are a lot of work!

I've also shown a couple of folders I'm bringing, a small Techno-Art piece with damascus and carbon fiber, and a medium sized one with damascus, titanium, and Kim Cover's engraving.

David

Attachments

• W2ArtFighter2011-1.jpg
    W2ArtFighter2011-1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 150
  • W2ArtFighter2011-8.jpg
    W2ArtFighter2011-8.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 109
  • W2ArtFighter2011-9.jpg
    W2ArtFighter2011-9.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Arachno-TA-1.jpg
    Arachno-TA-1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 111
  • ArachnophobiaT-A_1.jpg
    ArachnophobiaT-A_1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 99
looking good guys!! adam, chuck and david...love those last one you guys posted!! see you there!!

J

Wow David! That fighter is amazing! Your detail work is always stunning. Are the folders a new thing for you?

Adam-

Thanks, Adam. I've been making folders since 1992. That blade shape is one I designed last summer (the engraved knife), and I've made a few dressed up tacticals similar to them. The small one with the CF scales was built as my personal carry knife, but I have a daughter going to college so it's for sale at the show.

I like the shape of both folders!!

Thanks, Adam. I've been making folders since 1992. That blade shape is one I designed last summer (the engraved knife), and I've made a few dressed up tacticals similar to them. The small one with the CF scales was built as my personal carry knife, but I have a daughter going to college so it's for sale at the show.

Expensive isn't it?? Mine starts after the summer as well, it cost me an arm and a leg LOL.

Marcel

"Lone Star" told me she wanted you guys to stop by 14-O and say hello!

Radial Random 324 layer Damascus with stainless guard and an utterly flawless piece of Ironwood.
Usually I find some small voids or pinholes or something in Ironwood, but this piece was just absolutely pristine! I loved it.
Sheath by Scott Teaschner.

LSe1.jpg

Bob, That's a VERY sweet little boot dagger. Your buddy needs to LEARN to be more computer literate, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see more of his work (wink)

Karl, that's some striking damascus in that piece!

Sick stuff, guys!!.. Adam...are you and your bride both testing this year?

I like the shape of both folders!!

Expensive isn't it?? Mine starts after the summer as well, it cost me an arm and a leg LOL.

Marcel

Thanks, Marcel. Yes, it's expensive. Well over $8k per semester, and at a state college with. That tuition, room and board. It's gone up almost $3000 in the last 10 years. She has a couple of grants, but they really do expect me to contribute some money. I guess that new Harley is out of the question for awhile!

I will have this one on table 10-Q if you'd like to check it out.

Blade : 9 3/4 inch blade of W2
OAL : 15 inches
Fittings : 416 ss
Handle : Desert Ironwood

5795062596_2f831b3852_b.jpg

Yep, my #3 daughter starts college in the fall as well, #2 has one year left in Law School. :)

Great knives guys and Girl, keep them coming :thumbup: :thumbup:

One of my favorite sub hilt fighter makers is Lin Rhea. Distinctive design as the one above shows.

David

Back