BLADE SHOW ’2014' – Show us what you got; Please!

Finished the carcass splitter.

And look! The blade birds hatched and are strengthening their wings for the migration to Atlanta!

Hey, really want to, ah, so many top craftsmen, very eager to learn, in China, our production is very tough conditions

Wanted to learn ABS, but limited to economic conditions, do not know when to make the trip

A nice camp/utility for my table.
A differentially hardened Cru-V camp knife with stainless take-down fittings and a stabilized California Walnut handle.
Full length crested spine.
This blade is hand-rubbed, and if you know the challenges all those Vanadium carbides offer, well, then........:rolleyes:

Yes. Yes, I do, my friend. You nailed it on this one! There should be a 50% up charge on all CruForgeV blades. If people truly understood how difficult it is to get a perfect satin finish like you did here, they'd be lining up to hand you more money!!! ; )

Nice choice of handle material, too.

Another beauty Sam the Man is bringing to Blade

20bcd154332a7b4f01b1cbb28af031ab.jpg

Man that is one of those knifes that as soon as you see it you want to put your hand around it, and I am hoping to do just that.

Maker: Tad Lynch, J.S.
Blade Length: 10 1/4"
Overall Length: 15 3/8"
Hardware: Wrought iron
Handle: Stabilized Bog Oak
Sheathmaker: Paul Long
Sheath Material: Aligator belly & shark

14299223912_19c25b3a47_b.jpg

Last edited:
A knife with a great story to it.
The handle material is Maple Burl. Given to me by a guitar maker and accomplished musician who is one of my close neighbors. Once a husband of a well known Nashville female star now living the quite life along a remote river in northern Minnesota. On one of his escapades to locate some material for a new guitar build, he came across a maple burl. He gave it to me last year and I cut it up and had some of it stabilized.
The eyes of the burl are on top.
I made the guard from the first billet I've ever heard of from this material - wrought iron and 15N20 mix. I wanted to add some character to the wrought and just give it a different look.
The blade was forged from a 1 1/8" round bar of W1 and given a differential hardening with clay, resulting in the hamon.

This view reminds me of a tie-dyed T-shirt:

Last edited:
Here's another couple pics. The first is a carbon fiber handled damascus fighter...not a Caleb Royer photo, but here it is.

Here's another project I hope to finish up this weekend.

A couple of mine for my first Blade show.. TABLE 21R IN THE ABS SECTION..
Forged 5160 frame handle bowie with dovetailed bolsters and filed liners, Mammoth ivory scaleshttp://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/jcoffee1/bladeshowknives3019.jpg
next is a 9 " sambar stag hunter
forged 5160 with Sambar stag and stainless guard and butt cap
next is a small stag hunter 8" overall
forged 1084 and Sambar stag with stainless guard and filed butt cap
Thanks for looking and wish me luck at my first Blade show..

Dudley, Mike, Rick, thanks. I appreciate it.
Rick, does the cf look familiar? The folder will be wearing some as well.

Tad

Just shipped out yesterday... hope they make it on time this year. Last year I didn't get my blades until Sat night...

10271155_10152390035935971_2462628527265354390_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'd LOVE to see your knives but the picture isn't working my friend....still fondle that Bowie often. ;)

Back