Blade Storage/Display aka Bawanna's Blade Addiction.

The only downside to magnetized blades occurs during sharpening the blade. The filed off metal dust will stick to the edge which makes it hard to see when you are done. However just wiping it more often in between will take care of that

The humidity outside here is pretty brutal, but it's actually really low inside my house from the A/C running almost constantly. I've actually had some issues with wood handle shrinkage from keeping them inside.

Is that Winchester pump .22 WRF Bawanna? My cousin has one that's been "bubba'd", so he shoots it when he gets an urge to become poor quickly.

Is that Winchester pump .22 WRF Bawanna? My cousin has one that's been "bubba'd", so he shoots it when he gets an urge to become poor quickly.

WoW! Good eye for what little bit you can see of it. It's a WMR which is what I think you mean. I got a box of ammo for it but never shot it. I might one day, just content to have it for right now.

It's cool to know that it's a WMR, my cousin's is definitely a WRF though. WMR and WRF are kinda like 357 Magnum and 38 Special. If someone in the hazy mists of the past hadn't thrown the barrel in a lathe and turned it down to half octagon :eek: it'd be a collector's item. As is it's a cool old rattletrap that shoots obsolete and expensive ammo.

Sacrilege. How sad that they did that. The vast majority of them were 22 short and used as gallery guns at fairs and such, usually very rough and uncared for.
I got mine from a parent on my sons Tball team many many years ago. She said they had a 22 rifle they wanted to sell. I thought yeah ok, whatever. Dad brought it to the next game and I nearly fell over when he pulled it out.

The WMR is the rarest, the bore is slightly rough but it's all correct and thankfully nobody with a lathe got near it.
I had my book with me and showed him the value of nearly a 1000 bucks. Said he wanted 500 and not a dime more.
I told him he could do better but he wouldn't hear of it. It found a good home if I do say so myself. Wife didn't beat me up that time neither, she was in on the whole thing.

Sacrilege. How sad that they did that. The vast majority of them were 22 short and used as gallery guns at fairs and such, usually very rough and uncared for.
I got mine from a parent on my sons Tball team many many years ago. She said they had a 22 rifle they wanted to sell. I thought yeah ok, whatever. Dad brought it to the next game and I nearly fell over when he pulled it out.

The WMR is the rarest, the bore is slightly rough but it's all correct and thankfully nobody with a lathe got near it.
I had my book with me and showed him the value of nearly a 1000 bucks. Said he wanted 500 and not a dime more.
I told him he could do better but he wouldn't hear of it. It found a good home if I do say so myself. Wife didn't beat me up that time neither, she was in on the whole thing.

I am a noob in life experience and have a lot to learn from folks like you. Starting with how to manage difficult conversations with wives :). *Do not abandon all hope yet*

Let's see we're in Cantina right? Check.

Here's my recent discovery after a life time of research in such matters regarding wifes and new toys be they guns, blades, motorcycles, pickup trucks etc.

If I can lay hands on money (usually don't the queen controls it) I just buy the toy. If I ask she gets upset, says no which upsets me so we're both upset and still no toy. I get tired of being upset so I buy the toy anyhow, then we argue and get upset a second time but at least I got a toy so being upset is a small price to pay. Right so far?
So now I just buy it, save one argument, still get upset but your not upset cause you didn't get your toy, only upset due to the wife being upset and the accompanying beating that I usually get along with the new toy.
So it works out to cost of toy, plus tax, plus shipping plus argument, plus physical beating = is it worth it. Answer is always Of Course!
So concludes todays lesson on dealing with wives and new toys.

Incidently I never say no when she wants something. She sometimes wants dumb things, like hardwood floors. I installed last weekend. I didn't want them, I hated putting it down, but I didn't say no and I didn't beat her up.

Wisdom of all ages distilled down to a few sentences! And let there be hope :)... FWIW, each of my new toy is followed by a "fix-it" tour of the mall or a bold foray into some fancy restaurant...

I do so hate mall's and fancy restaurants, what price knives and guns?

Naah, not rich by any standards. Its the only vice I have. And am sure you out of all people understand :)

I truly understand. Couple of nice grabs today for you. Nicely done.

Have not been on this thread lately, that Super Blackhawk is one of my bucket list guns. And that 22 is very very nice. I have two older 22's one is a Marlin Golden Boy lever action and a somewhat rare Remington 540x target rifle, only about 5000 were made. And I sure can cover that Ruger and Pen Knife.

I do so hate mall's and fancy restaurants, what price knives and guns?
Fancy restaurants? Id rather eat seafood platter service on the beach with a garbage can at the end of a card table covered in newspaper and a roll of paper towels! Thats fine dining!
Shopping for anything anywhere anytime with my wife is grounds for immediate divorce. I absolutely just wont do it. I havent been in a Mall in over thirty years.

Have not been on this thread lately, that Super Blackhawk is one of my bucket list guns. And that 22 is very very nice. I have two older 22's one is a Marlin Golden Boy lever action and a somewhat rare Remington 540x target rifle, only about 5000 were made. And I sure can cover that Ruger and Pen Knife.
Say pugs, what would be a good price for a mint usmc 89 mark 2?

Fancy restaurants? Id rather eat seafood platter service on the beach with a garbage can at the end of a card table covered in newspaper and a roll of paper towels! Thats fine dining!
Shopping for anything anywhere anytime with my wife is grounds for immediate divorce. I absolutely just wont do it. I havent been in a Mall in over thirty years.
You are one lucky dude! If I follow that path, I would be single and homeless in no time.....

Say pugs, what would be a good price for a mint usmc 89 mark 2?

Ok verpra, I'm a gun guy and I'm ashamed to say I don't know what your talking about. What's a USMC 89 Mark 2? I'm think Ruger Mark 2, am I getting warm?

Back