BladeForums.com COVID-19 Response

We are starting to see a huge number of cases in Florida. The governor has ordered checkpoints on I-10 and instructed State police to stop any vehicle with Louisiana plates to take names and inform them of the mandatory 14 day self quarantine. He also ordered National guard officers at all Florida airports to stop any travelers from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Colorado and now Louisiana and other hot spots to inform them of the mandatory 14 day quarantine. All new vacation rentals are banned any and to those in them now when there time is up to leave. No state wide stay at home order yet but many counties have them. Most restaurants are closing because drive thru sales are not enough to stay open. Gun stores are NOT a essential business and are being closed. State parks and many RV parks are being closed. Boat ramps too because the Governor seen boats being tied together for partys. Still no TP at Walmart lots of bare shelves and most canned meat and tuna are gone except for a few expensive brands. Veggies and milk still available but limited selection. Still no widespread testing and you MUST qualify to be tested. I'm a Veteran and for the last 2 weeks in the Gainesville VA they had a armed guard with 2 or 3 staff members who screened you before you could enter and you got a special wristband before you could enter. Gas is $1.63 a gallon tho! Beaches are finally fully closed but after the Spring Break crowds left. The checkpoints bother me but since that's brand new and just announced there is no news coverage yet. Unemployment in Florida will probably be OVER 30% and that's what really worries me..Even good people get desperate with no food or jobs and there kid's are hungry. So far when you call 911 someone picks up..but in a week or two in the really bad "Hot spots" like New York city..

LV1Hd0E.jpg

Read something interesting the other day. We as a human race tend to blame terrible things on everything but ourselves. In this case a bat gets the blame when in actuality we are to blame, not the civic cat or the bat but the human race. We have overpopulated the planet pushing our way into and destroying ecosystems to the point all living things are no longer coexisting very well. Natures way of saying enough already.

People I really feel bad for. Family that work at a major hospital locally here in Miami. She does patient insurance processing. She has been asked/told to move her gear to the Corona makeshift tent where all incoming corona symptomatic people must start being screened before entering, if allowed, into the hospital. But being faced with potentially ill people all day sounds like the worst.

From a local gun shop in Pa.

Fireams Retailers have been re-designated as Essential Life-Sustaining businesses with restrictions. Access will be limited. General entrance will NOT be allowed.
NO RANGE USE during this time. ALL CLASSES CURRENTLY CANCELLED.

Please come to the front doors to provide your name and a cell number to a staff member; then return to your vehicle to await a call to enter. Two lists will form: one for the gun sales counter and the other for ammunition / non gun purchases.

HOUR WILL VARY / Adjust dependent on receipt of new inventory.

Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics2020 Update. The age-adjusted death rate attributable to cardiovascular disease (CVD), based on 2017 data, is 219.4 per 100,000. On average, someone dies of CVD every 37 seconds in the U.S. There are 2,353 deaths from CVD each day, based on 2017 data.

How many covid 19 deaths have there been so far?

I think we need to start slapping big mac's out of people's hands.

Back