BladeForums.com COVID-19 Response

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Mar 13, 2020.

1. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    What does that have to do with anything?

2. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    False equivalencies abound. I remember talking to my 90-year old mother when she heard the news of a bomb killing people in Kabul some years ago. She said, “This is terrible! Don’t they know people are dying of AIDS in Africa?”

It’s the same thing. It would have been good material for a Seinfeld episode.

bigsurbob likes this.
  3. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Heart disease takes 70 years of lifestyle to kill you, Covid-19 takes 10 days. And you can't wander around infecting people that DIDN'T make your stupid choices with heart disease.

Low_rez, WValtakis, bigsurbob and 4 others like this.
  4. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    If you make really bad choices it can kill you in 30.

Insipid Moniker likes this.
  5. GaryFlorida

GaryFlorida

Sep 30, 2014
    On a personal note. So I am well read and have studied this virus as much as most, maybe a bit more. I feel like I make educated choices now with the quarantine isolationism thing going on. Fine. So I go to get a piece of metal from a friend's shop. Everyone is doing their thing in the shop. Out of the corner of my eye I see my friends wife with her full attention coming in my direction. She proceeds in few words to inform me that I am to leave their property at once. A place I have been going to visit for 60 years. Breaking the Quarantine was a bad choice.

marchone likes this.
  6. annr

annr

Nov 15, 2006
    Tone deaf at costco?

Soho 10-Piece Seating with Fire Table

$3,599.99 Delivered
    After $600 OFF:rolleyes:

But they won't sell you TP.

7. BD_01

BD_01 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    It’s still rolling out (pardon the pun).

My Costco finally had several pallets this morning. Lots of people were leaving without it (signaling they likely had already stocked up).

I hadn’t stocked up and was starting to run low...so I left happy!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    annr likes this.
  8. DrHenley

DrHenley

May 31, 2019
    Then we could all live forever! Nobody would ever die! HOORAY! :rolleyes:

annr likes this.
  9. annr

annr

Nov 15, 2006
    Esp. Since it is well-known that CVD is communicable!

10. bigsurbob

bigsurbob Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2016
    I almost thought this was a haiku.

annr likes this.
  11. annr

annr

Nov 15, 2006
    LOL. I’m a poet and didn’t know it?

No, just another pointless (IMO) marketing email. I’m sure people are clamoring for deals like this! So many people laid off or going on unemployment—and THIS is what they come up with?

They didn’t get the memo: social distancing! Not hanging around a fire table…:rolleyes: that people can’t afford…

bigsurbob likes this.
  12. bigsurbob

bigsurbob Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Tone deaf at Costco
    People hoard all the T.P.
    Cheap outdoor sofa

r8shell and annr like this.
  13. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    You know you can just unsubscribe from the Costco emails. You have to sign up to get them in the first place.

But then maybe you wouldn't get an update about a sale on something you do want to buy.

Quite the dilemma to be in during this time of trouble.

C'mon Costco are you hearing this? Send us your company email on how Costco is coping with COVID-19. We all can't do anything till we get it.

14. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    We’re going to try and make a Costco run this week. Fingers crossed it’s not still a zoo.

15. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Been thinking about a Costco run too. Gas prices are like 25 years in the past there right now. I can drive for an hour and back to fill up and still pay less than if fueled up in town.

16. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Our local Costco had plenty of the big packages of TP this morning. Limited to one per membership. LMAO at literally everyone in line buying a package. :rolleyes: :poop: We bought one to help out our neighbors, split it between the elderly couple to the West, and the neighbors to the East who were literally down to their last roll.