Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

Oh noooo.... the 2017 BF Knife is coming, and I'm out of stamps!

I'd better run to the Post Office and buy a couple thousand dollars worth! :rolleyes:

Any particular way that people who didnt get in on the first run can increase their odds at getting one of the extras Charlie mentioned?

.... need your car washed?

some of your questions fall in a grey area as the forum itself is focused on the knives and not the buying of these knives. that being said, there are several authorized dealers that carry Charlie's SFO knives and they can be found on that list. The questions that can be answered are, the numbers will total similar to the peachseed jigged bone run which was done so that more folks would be able to get one. Yes gunstockbarry does carry Charlie's SFOs, for example the diamond jacks are still there. The answer to your last question is maybe. Again the purchasing of knives is not a topic to be focused on, but more the knives themselves. happy hunting!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jack I have pushed this same message my share of times, but this case is somewhat unique as this is the forum knife! While the Point Of Sale might be on Barry's site, the entire discussion of the design, interest, and availability has always been made clear here on the forums. If indeed there may be additional inventory made available, then it would seem only fair to indicate how that process is intended to play out. I will be following this thread in search of updates, and that is really the only point that I wanted to make clear.

Now, how about exact links, price details, and payment options for one of those lambsfoots! :p;)

Jack I have pushed this same message my share of times, but this case is somewhat unique as this is the forum knife! While the Point Of Sale might be on Barry's site, the entire discussion of the design, interest, and availability has always been made clear here on the forums. If indeed there may be additional inventory made available, then it would seem only fair to indicate how that process is intended to play out. I will be following this thread in search of updates, and that is really the only point that I wanted to make clear.

I won't know if and/or how many stragglers may be available until all existing orders have been filled and any lost/stolen/damaged or otherwise misplaced orders have been replaced or otherwise mitigated. I have no way of knowing for at least a few weeks, so please save your requests because I can't fill 'em.

I am open to a fair method of distributing whatever examples are indeed left over, if any. So far I've received maybe 50 requests for leftovers, and I am 100% certain there will be no where near that number available.

I was thinking maybe of a group mumbly-peg, with whomever completes the contest with all toes intact being eligible to purchase.

Other suggestions please???

I agree Barry, Mumbly - Peg is a good choice, most of us are too old to play Stretch:p
How about a random number generator?

Either random number, or possibly member activity...number of posts, or date became a bladeforums member?

Now, how about exact links, price details, and payment options for one of those lambsfoots! :p;)

MrKnife's comments related to questions about knives other than the forum knife I believe Jeff, referring to this post partially reproduced below (sorry to single this post out, but it's the one Jack was replying to) :thumbsup:

And where can I find such things as Mr. Campagna's SFOs? Are they offered on Gunstock Jack's site? I know how quickly they sell but do you guys think those (regular barlow sfos) are any harder to acquire than this one was? I've always lusted after them but I am certainly not going to ebay to get one. I just haven't known exactly where to go to get one new. I just wanna know, since I got one of these, will I have a chance to get another?

I think it's perfectly acceptable for members to ask about the knife this thread was set up in relation to. Unfortunately the forum rules in relation to other commercial discussion seem to be ignored by many posters throughout the sub-forum in a way which would not have been tolerated once :( Keep pushing the message my friend :thumbsup:

Hey, let's have none of that nonsense with the Lambsfoot! :D :thumbsup:

thank you Jack Black for answering as diplomatically as possible, I was heading to bed last night and thought it best for some one with a clearer head to answer :thumbsup::)

I apologize for being ignorant. I've never got a hold of one before and I assumed this was the right place to ask questions. I didn't even think about anything other than the excitement of getting a barlow!

Thanks

I apologize for being ignorant. I've never got a hold of one before and I assumed this was the right place to ask questions. I didn't even think about anything other than the excitement of getting a barlow!

Thanks

not at all, the bladeforums knife is the barlow, but your statement prior could be interpreted as a more general question for Charlie's SFOs which from time to time happen to be barlows like his current order. this thread however is only for the bladeforums knife, which varies from year to year. you can always message members who have been around and and Im sure many of them would be glad to help. I too have been in your position once and those knives are definitely very cool to have, happy hunting!

I won't know if and/or how many stragglers may be available until all existing orders have been filled and any lost/stolen/damaged or otherwise misplaced orders have been replaced or otherwise mitigated. I have no way of knowing for at least a few weeks, so please save your requests because I can't fill 'em.

I am open to a fair method of distributing whatever examples are indeed left over, if any. So far I've received maybe 50 requests for leftovers, and I am 100% certain there will be no where near that number available.

I was thinking maybe of a group mumbly-peg, with whomever completes the contest with all toes intact being eligible to purchase.

RANDOM.org offers a draws solution service https://www.random.org/draws/ - This does require you to register with their site.

Once registered, you can upload a list of registrants as long as you have a unique identifier for (I suggest a list of forum users who have NOT yet purchased the forum knife). Next, once you know how many extra knives you will have, you simply set that for the number of winners, and then RANDOM.ORG will give you the list of winners. Plus, each of us will be able to go to the drawing page on their website to verify our status so no one can question the methodology.

As far as making the sales, I guess you would have to have members add their forum name to their orders, or perhaps PM/email the winning users an un-published purchase link?

thank you Jack Black for answering as diplomatically as possible, I was heading to bed last night and thought it best for some one with a clearer head to answer :thumbsup::)

My head didn't feel too clear at 7.00am, but thanks Jack! :D :thumbsup:

No need to apologise Jak3, many others make the same assumption, and the longer that continues, the more common it becomes, because one poster sees another doing the same. The correct way to ask questions about buying specific knives is by sending a PM to one of our dealers, such as Barry (Gunstockjack) or Charlie (Waynorth), or contacting them via their websites. Most members will also be happy to help you too, but discussions about ordering, where to buy, how to purchase, etc should take place out of the threads. The sub-forum guidelines are stickied at the top of the page. Good luck in finding a knife :thumbsup:

What a treat!
cmQptAI.jpg

If I may stray into a tangent- "Mumbly-Peg" is actually my screen name on a football website.

Random.org is what most makers use for lotteries. Just post a thread for the lottery. Your post number is your entry number. Other requirements can be made as to post count, join date, etc. if desired.

Back