Blades & Bourbon

I found a bottle of the McKenna 10 yesterday and I now see what all the fuss is about, what a great all a round bourbon. Brad
Key is to find one on the cheap!
Lowest around here I found was $75.
Rip off artists up the street want $100.:rolleyes:
I grabbed 2 of the $75 bottles.
I could get them cheaper online but y'know, we're supposed to be supporting local in these strange times.

It's about $45 in Tampa Bay area, but some stores are selling it for $100... ridiculous.

gu9PRo.jpg

LKiVfP.jpg

I must have gotten a bad bottle of the McKenna, because it tasted horrible to me and a few of my friends. I had bought it a few months before it had won first place, so it was relatively cheap. But ugh so bad.

Still $38 here

I must have gotten a bad bottle of the McKenna, because it tasted horrible to me and a few of my friends. I had bought it a few months before it had won first place, so it was relatively cheap. But ugh so bad.

Still $38 here

Could be...i have yet to try one but know that can happen. I had a great couple bottles of hennessy cognac and after a few years went back for the same bottle and the whole thing taste like burnt leather...havent gotten another bottle of cognac yet...

I think I might have two bottles in the back of the cabinet from this year's lot..... Hope I don't regret waiting to open them.

Starlight Distillery out of Indiana, Carl T.Huber's Single Barrel
finished in Port Barrels, 4 years old, Eskimo Bros. selection...
Amazing pour, one of the best I came across this Holiday Season, without spending few hundred bucks or
leaving arm or leg in the store. Please, try it, it worth every penny !

FjkKLo.jpg

Well we got two on the chopping block tonight....worked all weekend thought the liquor cabinet deserved a couple more options...

Initial pour on the Woodford...not so good...not much flavor, tastes of alcohol only...have to give it another pour tomorrow night maybe...

But the Elijah Craig, tasty indeed! Almost reminds me of some Old Saddle or Old Hickory, good taste with a medium bite and long finish.

20201206_185341.jpg 20201206_185317.jpg

Knob Creek is one of my all time favorites... You don't have to drop $300 a bottle to get a good Kentucky Bourbon.
I love readily available good brands, Old Forester, 1792, Knob Creek, Four Roses and Wild Turkey are just a few to name...
Cheers !

You aint lying! I was waiting to crack into this bottle til the deep winter cold but oh am I glad I got into it tonight.

Simply amazing...perfect balance of heat and flavor.....all for 40 bux.... can't believe this has been hiding from me for months. Now I cant wait to try their whole line-up.

20201212_205043.jpg

Back