Blades upon Books - Traditionals

Published over 20 years ago, this book is quite fascinating today. I'm currently re-reading it. The chapter on swine flu and the massive immunization project back in 1976-77 reminds me of some of the types of decisions people are forced to make during the current pandemic.
kolata.flu.jpg

- GT

My wife gave me this book in June of 1990, maybe it was a birthday gag gift. Maybe she thought I needed some new material. Shown here with my FP Laguiole.
I might try to post, on a regular basis, some of the quotes in the lounge. We can all use a laugh or two about now.
NA04zVm.jpg

Anyone with an interest I flight and retro aviation would love this publication from ‘77. 1st and favorite GEC in my collection.

View attachment 1320275

:eek::eek::D Hate flying-have aviophobia and won't ever go in a plane again, 1999 was the last time:D but like looking at aircraft on the ground and flying:cool:

Seeing Concorde take off (and hearing & feeling it:D) and seeing it in the sky an unforgettable experience.

Like that Pumpkin Patch too:thumbsup::cool: Missed out on one when they were new by dithering;) but I do have the Rotten Banana Bone version, used mind:)

Anyone with an interest I flight and retro aviation would love this publication from ‘77. 1st and favorite GEC in my collection.

View attachment 1320275

:eek::eek::D Hate flying-have aviophobia and won't ever go in a plane again, 1999 was the last time:D but like looking at aircraft on the ground and flying:cool:

Seeing Concorde take off (and hearing & feeling it:D) and seeing it in the sky an unforgettable experience.

Like that Pumpkin Patch too:thumbsup::cool: Missed out on one when they were new by dithering;) but I do have the Rotten Banana Bone version, used mind:)
I have been flying for my job a fair lot and a few of these tickets(could not keep all, these are about a #third) are probably scheduled in your book.:)
Never flew Concord, but had several experiences in prop- Fokkers and Super-Broussards (and a few helicos) :eek:. Best souvenir is the Mercure. Never had the least problem, even on companies that don't exist anymore. I think the crisis will put a few more on the ground...
Manette_savons.jpg

I don't know if I have "aviophobia", but I HATE flying! Flown six times, I believe, and will try to avoid further flights.

Back