Blades upon Books - Traditionals

I picked this book up a couple of days ago, and have been enjoying looking through it. It's the latest edition in a series of books I've purchased since publication, produced by a local artist and writer. They are far more than walking guides, containing meticulously-drawn maps and striking illustrations, as well as thoughtful prose, and rich history. The latest book covers the area, literally, right on my door-step, so I'm finding it particularly interesting and enjoyable :)

2kIzqcL.jpg

rWrUooz.jpg

I found the whole John Jakes, North & South trilogy at the Goodwill Store for $2.99 each I couldn't pass them up. I lived in the Gettysburg area at the time & can't believe I didn't read them when they came out. I guess I was more interested all the Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, etc books at the time.

I picked this book up a couple of days ago, and have been enjoying looking through it. It's the latest edition in a series of books I've purchased since publication, produced by a local artist and writer. They are far more than walking guides, containing meticulously-drawn maps and striking illustrations, as well as thoughtful prose, and rich history. The latest book covers the area, literally, right on my door-step, so I'm finding it particularly interesting and enjoyable :)

2kIzqcL.jpg

rWrUooz.jpg
You found a way not to loose your Aire! 😺

Read this Jack Reacher novel last summer. The protagonist spends a lot of time traveling between 2 neighboring Colorado towns named Hope and Despair; you can probably guess in which town the "bad guys" reside. I've heard that this novel by Lee Child has several similarities to a book written over 30 years earlier, David Morrell's First Blood (which I've never read, although I think I've seen the movie). Lots of Reacher fans were apparently disappointed with Nothing To Lose.
child.nothingtolose.jpg

- GT

Just finished book 20, Blue at the Mizzen, of the Jack Aubrey/Stephen Maturin series. This is the last one...sort of. There is one more, The Final Unfinished Voyage of Jack Aubrey, AKA 21. Patrick O'Brian died before he finished it. Mizzen ends at a good place and is a fitting ending for the series, so I doubt I'll seek out Unfinished. If I see it in the used book store or in the library, I might pick it up, but I'm inclined to let Aubrey and Maturin sail on unencumbered. The series should be read in order.
Bon voyage Jack and Stephen ⛵
SSBarlowbook2.JPG

Back