Blind horse machete

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Shotgun, May 6, 2011.

1. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    I've been looking for a chopper or small machete for a while and just read about this one in another thread. Anyone have any info on it besides what's on BHK's website? Looks good to me.

Link. http://bhkoutdoors.com/

2. Cascade_mtn's

Cascade_mtn's

Jan 13, 2011
    I'd be interested as well. Not sure it they went the same route as Fiddleback having their blades made in El Salvador or somewhere else. They look nice, and so does the kydex sheath.

3. TheGame

TheGame

Sep 24, 2008
    It looks pretty good, and I like the way the Kydex sheath looks. Hopefully someone will get a review up on one of them soon.

4. tknife

tknife

Mar 18, 1999
    They say the blade blanks are made by an outside company that specializes in machetes, so I assume it is probably one of the large south American makers. Then BHK does all the finish work and handles on it. I love the design because it's a little shorter and has some features specific to using it more as a woods tool than just a jungle cutter. My will is crumbling on it, I really want one! I like the design of the sheath too, it's really well thought out.

5. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Can't say as I'm a fan of the handle, myself. Pass. :eek: Glad you guys like it though! :)

6. Rprecision

Rprecision

Aug 17, 2008
    looks like a pretty good value, not sure the handle is fo me.

The sheath is pretty slick idea

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  7. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    Screw it. I'm just gonna order one. :D

8. tknife

tknife

Mar 18, 1999
    I like the way you think! I think I will too :eek:

9. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    That's the spirit! Buy what you like and like what you buy! :D:thumbup:

10. Cascade_mtn's

Cascade_mtn's

Jan 13, 2011
    Well done Gentleman. Pics and reviews would be appreciated. ;)

11. tknife

tknife

Mar 18, 1999
    Only seeing quick glimpses of the handle, but it looks like Dave is carrying this machete on Dual Survival tonight.

12. M67

M67 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    I'm really wanting to handle one of these, I like large machetes but I think this little thing is pretty nice

I hope they bring some to Blade

13. coaldigger

coaldigger

Jan 27, 2007
    Yep...Dave is using it on tonights Florida Everglades episode !

14. komondor

komondor

Jul 2, 2001
    Wow. What a coincidence. I was watching Dual Survival tonight and saw Dave wielding a machete. I saw the blade first and thought it looks exactly like the Fiddleback 12". But when they showed the handle / scales it looked completely different. When I saw this thread, actually stumbling upon it after trying to find the real machete elsewhere, I knew it was a slam dunk since BHK made Dave's full tang field blade that he used one or two episodes ago.

He had a nice leather sheath for his, though.

15. Rprecision

Rprecision

Aug 17, 2008
    Long handles have always seemed to hinder chopping for me.

16. urbncby

urbncby

Dec 20, 2008
    The machete is the very cool, I have one. I need to finish profiling the scales though so, I have no pics yet. The sheath that is offered is a kydex design that came about after last nights episode was filmed last year. The leather sheath was getting gunked up and jamming the machete with grass, mud, etc. getting in there. The new kydex design allows the muck and whatnot to just fall out.

17. Rprecision

Rprecision

Aug 17, 2008
    First, let me note I like the looks of the sheath. But isnt it a little obvious to clean off (At least knock off the big chunks) a machete before putting it in a sheath ? If theres so much crap jamming it up, clean it off

18. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    See I'm thinking it'll be a plus. When you want to do fine work you want to have a neutral balance and the edge closest to the scales. When chopping you want to hold at the back of the handle and cut with the tip. If you envision the weight distribution then a long handle can maximize it for the different tasks. At least that's what I hope. :D It'll be here this week so we'll see.;)

19. Woods Creeper

Woods Creeper

May 7, 2011
    thinking the blade may be an ONTARIO product ... bet it is NOT imported.
    if it is ... I would be very surprised if it was IMPORTED.
    There is a video out of it by Blindhorse.
    I HAVE BRUSH N WEEDS HERE NEEDING CUT ... FEEL FREE TO FIELD TEST IT.

20. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    Has to be an imported one. Ontario machetes are 1095. Imacasa uses 1075, as does Tramontina, but I feel as though it is less likely they got blanks from Tramontina on account of Imacasa already being a supplier of machete blanks to Fiddleback Forge and ESEE.