Blind horse machete

I have two Blind Horse knives but will pass on the machete. I have a couple of Fiddleback's and really prefer his shape handle. How many machetes can you own? ahh don't answer that.

don't like the handle. the standard machete/parang handle works for me ;), like the blade tho :D

I followed the link to the BHK machete page and watched the videos. The one further down is HILARIOUS! I actually laughed until I cried at the fun absurdity of it! It's like an Indiana Jones trailer gone bad!
Just for that, I'm going to order one. I love a company that enjoys what they do, so I'm fully willing to support them by purchasing thier offerings.
All that, and the "machete" looks good too. I hesitate to call it a machete, because it simply isn't long enough. It's more of a large, thin belt knife to me. Cool sheath, too.
Other knives I'm currently buying are an Ontario SP50 and the Fiddleback machetes.

First, let me note I like the looks of the sheath. But isnt it a little obvious to clean off (At least knock off the big chunks) a machete before putting it in a sheath ? If theres so much crap jamming it up, clean it off

You'd be surprised what will work its way into the bottom of a leather machete sheath. I have used one almost daily for 11 years now as a Land Surveyor and while I do like you suggest (knock off the big chunks), there is always something that will end up in the sheath. A lot of it will come from tall grass, weeds, or wood that drops down into it while walking or chopping line. Over time you will have a substantial build up in the bottom of a leather sheath from use, although for the average joe like guys here on BF, I doubt it would ever come to "needing" a sheath that will allow things to pass through it.

Sent an email asking where they're getting their blanks. We'll see if I get a response.

thinking the blade may be an ONTARIO product

If it WAS an Ontario, I'd quit! No way. We like Jeff and Mike too much to insult them by using the company that burned them. It's an Imacasa.

If it WAS an Ontario, I'd quit! No way. We like Jeff and Mike too much to insult them by using the company that burned them. It's an Imacasa.
Confirmation from Alicia, definitely Imacasa. Also, got an email saying it may take 30 days to get it. Now the wait.

Confirmation from Alicia, definitely Imacasa. Also, got an email saying it may take 30 days to get it. Now the wait.

Yeah I got the same email saying the hope to have it done with in 30 days as well. I am really liking the looks of this machete.

I'm realy liking this one this one it seems like a practical blade profile with an excellent looking handle I'm sure it's worth 110 bucks but for me that's a bit steep for a machete so I'll guess I'm going to pass on this one not because of the quality or design(which are excellent) but because I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to machetes.

I'm realy liking this one this one it seems like a practical blade profile with an excellent looking handle I'm sure it's worth 110 bucks but for me that's a bit steep for a machete so I'll guess I'm going to pass on this one not because of the quality or design(which are excellent) but because I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to machetes.

I feel the same way, BUT..I just traded into a fiddleback machete..and man OH man! Its pretty cool. It also inspired me to give my 12" Ontario a spa...which happened today. I added edge all the way to the handle slabs, and convexed the entire blade. Stripped off the coating, and now I think I will add Bamboo slabs next week. With tube rivets. That will be cool.
Anyways...I think I need one of the BHK's machete's...
I plan on giving the Ontario (fully customized!) and the Fiddleback a head to head throw down! Now if I had the BHK's and could go with 3...that would be a great review. GKN

Ordered their "May special", got an email saying they hope to have it to me within 30 days...

Yes, they're Imacasa. Didn't tell me if they were made in El Salvador or Pakistan (I read somewhere that Imacasa's been outsourcing to Pakistan. If I knew they were from there I wouldn't have ordered one).

Ordered their "May special", got an email saying they hope to have it to me within 30 days...

Yes, they're Imacasa. Didn't tell me if they were made in El Salvador or Pakistan (I read somewhere that Imacasa's been outsourcing to Pakistan. If I knew they were from there I wouldn't have ordered one).

Where'd you hear that??? I can't imagine that being true--Imacasa pumps out HUGE volume per day, right in El Salvador, so they'd have no need to outsource anything.

Where'd you hear that??? I can't imagine that being true--Imacasa pumps out HUGE volume per day, right in El Salvador, so they'd have no need to outsource anything.

Not to mention I can't imagine Pakistani labor being that much cheaper.

Sorry to be out of the loop but what happened with Ontario?

I read it either in a thread here or at machete source. Didn't make sense to me either, but the person posting seemed to know what he was talking about.

EDIT: Y'all know more about it than I do, I'm sure I'll be happy with what I get. Not tryna stir the pot here.

Last edited:
Eek, nevermind.
I just googled it and read an eyeful of drama.
Apologies for bringing it up.

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday and chopped S%#t all night! Made short work of pine saplings up to 3" diameter.

delivered very sharp!

Back