• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

BM Griptilian scales custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got shipping confirmation on my scales now he waiting. Oh the suspense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinK

17834942_728623303964745_893547425662399446_o.jpg
These are great looking also...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hi,
I am looking to purchase raw titianium standoffs for benchmade 909sbk. If you can help, please email ru124t at yahoo dot com . Thanks.

image.jpg
Igor did this for me thanks a bunch love them already. So much more comfortable and thinner than the stock ones!!!

Hello igorded. I sent you an E-mail. Hopefully I provided all the necessary information. I have never ordered custom scales before.

I recently got a 940-2 as a grad present and the stock scales are perfect for medium to hard use and backpacking put aren't exactly what I'm looking for for EDC. If someone could recommend a combo that looks classy and nice ( Preferably with a bolster Igor does an impeccable job) that would be appreciated. No need to worry about hard use it would only be light to medium use EDC. Thanks :)

I really like what he did for the guy on post 651 one page back, it's carbon fiber and wood bolsters. I think I would do micarta myself as a personal preference but the wood bolsters really class it up a lot.

I really like what he did for the guy on post 651 one page back, it's carbon fiber and wood bolsters. I think I would do micarta myself as a personal preference but the wood bolsters really class it up a lot.

Thanks for the suggestion. By the way, if you were to do a micarta 940, what would you do (bolsters, clips, barrel spacers etc)?

I guess it depends what colors you like but I would do wood bolsters with something like a blue denim micarta handle. I would leave the rest black probably.

Or, as I really like orange, black micarta scales, orange liner, and orange or black spacers (or both) with black clip (I really prefer black clips most often).

I've also seen some blue died maple knives recently that look very nice. Really I would encourage you to figure out what colors, materials draw your attention when looking at knives, maybe look at Benchmade gold class for inspiration, and work with Igorded to make it happen. I'm a big fan of "making it your own" which is another reason I tend to like micarta, it starts to take in some more character with use.

I do think a linen micarta tends to favor a classier look like the 940 tends to have but for outdoorsy knives I really like canvas or denim micarta that's a little rougher looking. Paper micarta, the finest/smoothest looking, looks about like G10 to me so it's less of a difference but still looks pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back